These strawberry cheese rollups take just 4 ingredients to make and is perfect for a quick and easy family meal. They’re also easy grasp and perfect for little fingers!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Simple and easy – You can whip this up in a matter of minutes. If you have children, they can help too! ]
Incredibly versatile – Substitute strawberries with blueberries or even bananas. I’ve also made some savory varieties like this avocado hummus rolls-ups. These are basically stuffed french toast sticks!
Fun for the kids – Kids love sandwiches. Create the in a cute shape or form and they want them even more!
How to make French toast roll ups
- Use Ripe Fruit -Ripe strawberries will make this dish sweet. If you use sour strawberries, you’ll get sour rolls!
- Don’t Over-stuff the Roll Up – It may be tempting to stuff the roll up with plenty of ingredients, but if you do, it won’t seal up nicely
- What if we have an egg allergy?
- You can easily omit the egg and milk mixture. Instead roll the bread as instructed and cook in butter.
- Can you pack these strawberry cheese rollups in lunch boxes?
- It is advisable to keep these cold if packing for lunch since this dish has dairy and egg. It may affect the overall flavor because it’s meant to be eaten warm
Strawberry Cheese Rollups
These strawberry cheese rollups are perfect for little fingers and are incredibly tasty.
- 5 slices bread
- 3 tbs cream cheese room temp or spreadable
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs milk or milk of choice
- strawberries chopped
- 2 tbs butter
Flatten bread with rolling pin or glass and remove crusts with a knife or pizza cutter. I've eve used shears, and it works great.
Spread cream cheese on one end of the bread and on the other end. The cream cheese will help keep the roll together.
Add chopped strawberries to bread, making sure not to over stuff
Carefully roll the bread and set aside. Repeat same steps above for all bread slices
In a bowl whisk egg and milk
Dip bread rolls into milk mixture. It's best not to over saturate the roll with the mixture unless you like the thicker roll up.
Cook in a pan with butter. Flip and cook each side evenly until brown
Serve with applesauce or plain
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Try some of these recipes:
Baked French Toast With Maple Praline – The Recipe Girl’
If you have tried this strawberry cheese roll ups recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook