"The better for you tater tot! These tasty sweet potato tater tots are packed with nutrients!"
I recently bought a package of frozen sweet potato tater tots and wasn't impressed with the flavor. I was hoping it would taste like a sweet potato, but it tasted very artificial. Even my toddler only ate one or two. That's kind of a world record.
Since I have sweet potatoes on hand all the time, I tried making my own. This orange veggie is one of my oldest's first foods and he still loves it to this day.
Don't forget to check out how to peel a sweet potato video if you want to learn the easy way to do it.
Sweet Potato Tater Tots
A homemade and healthier version of a favorite potato side dishPrint Pin
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ½ white potato optional
- 2 tbs. flour
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Olive oil for cooking
- In a large pot, boil sweet potatoes and white potatoes until you can pierce a fork through it. Depending on size it should take 15 minutes or so. You can also cut it up so it will cook faster or steam it.
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes
- Add flour, garlic and salt
- With clean hands, form tater tots and set aside
- In a pan, add about 2 tbs. of olive oil
- Brown tater tots on each side
- Serve with ketchup or plain
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 9220IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.3mg