My oldest son's two favorite foods are chicken and apples. So I thought to myself, why not cook them together?! I was pleasantly surprised with this delicious one pan apple chicken recipe and this is now in our weekly rotation.
The apples add a light sweetness to the dish and it this takes less than half an hour to make. This time I didn't use any butter like I normally would to cut back on fat for my husband and I. It still tasted great!
Note: You'll see that I wrote "to taste" on the herbs. My husband and I like a lighter flavor, but if you prefer you can always add a little more! Remember, if you use fresh herbs its a lot less potent than dried.
Delicious Apples and ChickenPrint
- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken thighs
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper or to taste
- 2 medium apples sliced thinly
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbs. olive oil divided
- 1 tsp. rosemary dried
- ½ tsp. oregano dried
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced, optional
- ½ c. chicken broth
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tbs. olive oil.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on chicken
- Add chicken to skillet
- Cook until brown, about 4 minutes on each side, set aside
- In a bowl, mix broth and dijon mustard
- Add remaining oil to skillet and swirl
- Add all remaining ingredients (broth and dijon mixture, rosemary, oregano, onion, and apples) in the skillet
- Return chicken to skillet and cook until chicken, apples and onion are fully cooked.