My kids love anything savory. Crackers, chips you name it, it's their favorite snack. They probably get it from me because it's my weakness too. I mean who can resist a bag of chips right? I decided to create my version and came up with this 3 Ingredient veggie cheese crisps recipe! You surely can't just have one of these savory treats.
So here's how this recipe was born. I came up with this idea while walking through the aisles of a grocery store. Just as I was about to grab some veggie chips, this recipe idea came to mind. Don't get me wrong there's definitely a time and place for chips, but I wanted to challenge myself and recipe test. And of course I had you in mind of course. As usual, I had to think of an easy way to make it since my time is limited these days. Let's just say my pint size dictator two-year old wants all my attention.
Furthermore, since I'm trying to cut my carbohydrates, I thought of using cheese for my base. It's a great source of protein. I added a vegetable to it to make it a little more nutritious for the kids too.
All you need is three ingredients for this recipe but you can always omit the chives if your kids don't eat anything green. It's an easy addition for lunch.
It's also perfect for salad.
These were delicious!
- Horizon Organic Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Carrots grated
- Chives dried
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- First add some Horizon Organic mexican cheese shaped in circles on paper
- Top it off with shredded carrots and chives
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until it starts to turn golden (depending on how thin your circles are, time may vary)
- For crispier cheese crisps make your circles thinner
- Transfer to a paper towel and allow to cool
- Serve immediately
Thank you Horizon Organic for sponsoring this post