I've talked to so many moms who tell me teriyaki "anything" is their kid's favorite. If only there were a drive through teriyaki place where I could pick up healthy Asian food. There's nothing around my area anyway, I'm all about packing in as much good nutrients into one bite as possible. This is a classic Easy Toddler Meals recipe plus video! This Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs recipe is packed with veggies and fruit too! It's also refined sugar free.
Without further ado.. here it is! Enjoy~
Give this baked chicken meatball recipe a try!
Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 grated apple
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ c. chopped spinach
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tbs. honey to taste
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- dash of ground ginger optional
- ¾ c. water reduce if you'd like a thicker sauce
- ¼ c. low sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Using an ice cream scooper, mold into a ball shape
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Use an internal meat thermometer to prevent dry meatballs. It's a game changer.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a sauce pan
- Cook in medium to high heat
- Remove from heat when thickened
- Serve on top of meatballs, over rice.