One pot meals are my favorite! Some days I flat-out don't want to cook anything because I just don't have energy to clean up the dishes after. This recipe makes it easy to cook a wholesome meal using just one pot. I've added veggies to it because my kids love spinach and mushrooms right now! I know that's not the case for everyone so you can either chop the spinach in small pieces or leave it out. They will love it regardless. Change up your mac and cheese game and make this one pot mushroom pasta dish today!
Here's what it looks like without the spinach!
I've never seen organic white sauce at the grocery and this you can make all organic if that's up your alley. Change up your mac and cheese game with this one pot mushroom pasta recipe! My kiddos absolutely love this and it's the first time my son gave mushroom a chance. He accidentally ate one thinking it was chicken and said, "Wow mom, this is good!"
In a large pot or dutch oven, under medium high heat, you'll need to add the butter and cook the chicken until golden brown. Once brown (ps try not to overcook it or it will turn out dry.)
Add the olive oil and cook the garlic, and mushrooms until tender. Add in the flour and cook for another minute.
You'll then need to mix in the chicken broth, half and half, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and mix until well combined.
Add the linguine and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is cooked. If you like it al dante remove from heat earlier.
And that's all! So good and delicious!
One Pot Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into one inch pieces
- 1.5 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tbs , minced garlic
- 6 ounce small mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 ¾ cup half and half
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces linguine broken in half
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a Dutch oven or medium pot over medium high cook add the butter and cook the chicken until golden brown. Add olive oil and add garlic, and mushrooms until tender. Add in the flour and cook. Allow to cook for another mintue.
- Add in the chicken broth, half and half, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and mix well. Add the linguine and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is cooked to liking.
- Turn off heat and add the parmesan cheese and spinach. Stir until the spinach is wilted. Serve immediately.