Our family was invited to the Great Wolf Lodge to experience everything the Spring Breakout event has to offer. They provided hotel accommodations, wolf passes, and meals for my family. As always, all opinions are my own. I hope you enjoy this Great Wolf Lodge review!
From the moment we stepped into the Great Wolf Lodge, we knew we would have a blast. This was our second time here and we were so happy to be back. My youngest recently had his birthday, and we thought celebrating it by staying at the Great Wolf Lodge would be perfect during their first annual Spring Breakout! We knew we would create memories that would last a lifetime. The minute you walk in you’re greeted with wolf ears!
I couldn’t think of a better way to shake the winter blues and transition to spring cheer, than by escaping the chilly weather with my favorite guys. This spring, the lodge is introducing Spring Breakout which runs from February 28 – May 3 this year. Along with the many year around activities available, Spring Break Out offers exclusive themed events, like the Spring Jamboree, and Splash & Dash Water Park Event. Of course the 84-degree, indoor water park is a huge draw for guests, and I won’t deny that it was definitely the highlight of our trip. However, there are so many other great reasons to stay at Great Wolf. Read on for tips and things to know before you plan your trip!
Great Wolf Lodge Discount Codes and Deals
- Multiple Night Stay Discount – you can save up to 25% when you stay two or more nights.
- Plan Ahead – if you book 60 days in advance you can save up to 50% – use the Great Wolf Lodge discount code: MOREFUN
- First Responders Discount – I love that Great Wolf supports our troops and first responders. The lodge wants to thank them by offering up to 30% off their stay. Use the code: HEROES at checkout for a discount on your reservation.
What to Pack
- Swim suits and swim trunks – you’ll live in them because the park is open all day. We brought swim shoes and used flip flops as well. You will however need to take them off before going down slides for safety reasons. The Great Wolf Lodge park hours are typically from 10 am to 8 pm at night.
- Everyday essentials and clothing is all you’ll need. The lodge maintains a casual feel and is a relaxed atmosphere. Unless you’re planning a date night, leave those heels at home ladies.
- Tip: No need to pack towels or water – towels and life jackets are free of charge, just don’t forget to return them or you’ll be charged $15 a towel.
Restaurants at the Great Wolf Lodge
I have to say I was very impressed with the food selection at the lodge. As you all know I’m a huge foodie! Everything I tried from steaks to dessert was delicious.
Dining at the lodge is so convenient. You can stay at the water park all day because there is a restaurant called Buckets Incredibles Craveables inside the park. They offer a full menu of food. The food portions are large and big enough to share. It’s easy to satisfy both the kids palates and also adults! From hamburgers to salads, you’re covered.
If you’re looking for more sophisticated dishes, hands down the Lodge Wood Fire Grill is the place for you. Order the brussel sprouts with balsamic glaze and goat cheese and thank me later. I seriously would drive there just for this 😉
I paired it with a steak and it was just perfect!
There are so many more food and drink options at the lodge including:
- Dunkin Donuts – East coast donut lovers rejoice! Starting at 6 am enjoy a cup of coffee and with a light snack.
- Grizzly Jack’s Bar and Grill – You can enjoy lots of finger food, seafood, and cocktails here.
- Hungry as a Wolf – located conveniently right next to the 24 hour arcade is where you can have a slice of pizza, a salad, or some pasta!
- Loose Moose Family Kitchen – Don’t forget to enjoy a character breakfast at the lodge’s buffet. Meet Violet, Wiley and the gang at breakfast! Kids will love character breakfasts, and the prices are so reasonable. The buffet is $20 for adults and $10 for Kids for all you can eat!
Allergy and Dietary Needs Friendly
Call ahead and make arrangements with the lodge if you or your family have allergies. All restaurants except for the candy store are peanut free. They really try their best to cater to gluten free, keto, paleo diets, or your specific diet. The chef or sous chef will come out to speak to you directly about what you like and what foods are a problem for you, and they are the only people that will handle any food-allergic guest’s food.
It’s More Than Just a Water Park
The fun does not stop once you dry off. Other activities available include bowling, glow in the dark mini golf, and a 24-7 arcade.
The bowling alley is so child friendly. The balls were smaller and easy to use. Both my boys loved it!
If you’re up for a fun challenge, try the special scavenger hunt called the magic quest which takes you around the hotel to find gems and runes. My son and I had a blast finding some of the items. The folks at the counter do a really good job at making it all so fun! You start off with a magical wand programmed just for you. And you get to take it home!
It’s actually very technologically sophisticated and I enjoyed it as well! Don’t forget to give yourself at least 6-8 hours to finish. But don’t worry, if you don’t complete the quest, your adventure will be saved and ready for you to start again when you return.
One of the folks who worked at the lodge told me someone kept track of the steps and it added up to 5 miles to finish. Now that’s a great work out right? This is perfect for post eating extravaganzas at the fabulous restaurants.
There are also free activities and crafts that are free of charge. Depending on when you visit, there are fun seasonal things your kids can make.
Furthermore, don’t miss the dance parties at night. You can’t beat dancing in your pajamas at night right? There’s also yoga in the morning to start off your day!
More Tips For Your Visit
- Admission to the water park is included with your stay. If you’d like to arrive early, you can splash around starting at 1pm on the day of your arrival.
- Get your refillable cup at the start of your trip.
Buy the $14 cup at the beginning of your stay, and you can get free refills the whole time you’re there. It pays for itself pretty quickly, especially if you share!
- Day passes are available – If you don’t want to stay the night, you can make a day of it. There are day passes available, with showers and lockers on site. There is even a dryer for clothes in the bathrooms!
I hope your family has as much fun on your trip as mine did. Great Wolf is definitely a new favorite destination close to our home. We look forward to going back for next year’s Spring Breakout!
Check out my Instagram stories for some videos of our stay! It’s under highlights. For more detailed info about the lodge you can visit their website directly.
You can also check out more of our travel tips here: