These stuffed French toast rollups are filled with cream cheese and strawberries. It only takes just 4 ingredients to make and is perfect for a quick and easy family meal to cook in the home. These cream cheese stuffed French toast rolls are also easy grasp and perfect for little fingers! We’ve been home a lot lately and I finally took the time to make French toast a little fun!
Why You’ll Love This French Toast
- Simple and easy – You can whip this up in a matter of minutes. If you have children, they can help too!
- Incredibly versatile – Substitute strawberries with blueberries or even bananas. I’ve also made some savory varieties like this avocado hummus rolls-ups. These are basically stuffed French toast sticks!
- Fun for the kids – Kids love sandwiches. If you create it a cute shape or form they’ll even want it even more.
Ingredients in Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- Cream cheese – the soft mild cheese go hand in hand with strawberries. It’s made from milk and cream and gives this dish a great taste. it also helps seal the roll up together.
- Strawberries -these red sweet fruits are really good for you. It helps increase your good cholesterol and lower blood pressure. It’s also packed with vitamins, fiber, and has a ton of antioxidants. You may use blueberries, raspberries or even banana in this recipe as substitutions.
- Bread – soft white bread works best. I have tried it with wheat bread or multi grain bread and it works too, but we prefer white for this.
How to make French Toast Roll Ups
Use a rolling pin or thick glass to flatten the slices of bread. Then remove crusts with a knife or pizza cutter.
Spread cream cheese on one end of the bread and on the opposite end.
Add chopped strawberries onto bread.
Carefully roll the bread and set aside. Repeat the same steps above for all bread slices
In a bowl beat an egg and add milk.
Dip bread rolls into milk mixture.
Cook in a pan with butter. Flip and cook each side evenly until brown.
Serve with applesauce, yogurt, or sprinkle powder sugar.
Step by Step Instructions
First, prepare your bread. Flatten each square piece of bread with a rolling pin or glass. Its best to use soft white bread, not stale bread. Thick slices work fine, but will need a little more elbow grease to make them flat.
Here are the broccoli and cheese ones.
- Use Ripe Fruit -Ripe strawberries will make this dish sweet. If you use sour strawberries, you’ll get sour rolls!
- Honey – Like it sweet? In a bowl add some honey and cream cheese together into a cream cheese mixture before spreading. You may also use flavored cream cheese if desired
- Don’t Over-stuff the Roll Up – It may be tempting to stuff the roll up with plenty of ingredients, but if you do, it won’t seal up nicely
- Have a picky eater? Try grating some of the broccoli and hide it within the cheese
- Depending on the texas toast, it may be too thick to roll , but you can give it your best shot!
- What if we have an egg allergy?
- You can easily omit the egg and milk mixture. Instead roll the bread as instructed and cook in butter.
- Can you pack these strawberry cheese rollups in lunch boxes?
- It is advisable to keep these cold if packing for lunch since this dish has dairy and egg. And ice pack will keep it cool for a few hours. It may affect the overall flavor because it’s meant to be eaten warm
- How long can this keep in the fridge?
- This is best fresh, but if you must. I would use jam and cream cheese to extend it’s shelf life in the fridge. Make sure they are in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag.
- Can you freeze this recipe?
- I don’t advise it. It’s great fresh and may be hard to reheat if frozen.
Strawberry Cheese Rollups
- 5 slices bread
- 3 tbs cream cheese room temp or spreadable
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs milk or milk of choice
- strawberries chopped
- 2 tbs butter
- Flatten bread with rolling pin or glass and remove crusts with a knife or pizza cutter. I've eve used shears, and it works great.
- Spread cream cheese on one end of the bread and on the other end. The cream cheese will help keep the roll together.
- Add chopped strawberries to bread, making sure not to over stuff
- Carefully roll the bread and set aside. Repeat same steps above for all bread slices
- In a bowl whisk egg and milk
- Dip bread rolls into milk mixture. It's best not to over saturate the roll with the mixture unless you like the thicker roll up.
- Cook in a pan with butter. Flip and cook each side evenly until brown
- Serve with applesauce or plain
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Try some of these recipes:
Baked French Toast With Maple Praline – The Recipe Girl’
If you have tried this strawberry cheese roll ups recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook