Most of us are on holiday break now, but we’ll be back to the grind soon enough. My mornings are always rushed at my house. and 9 out of 10 times I’m pressed for time. These freezable breakfast sandwiches are easy on a pinch and starts off your family’s morning right.
Just a few minutes of prep goes a long way to speed up things in the am.
I definitely feel quick meals like cereal or granola has its place, but there’s something about a warm wholesome sandwich to start your day. These are perfect for everyone in the family, from moms, dads, kids, and everyone in between!
First you’ll need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, beat eggs, half and half and seasonings. If you don’t have access to half and half, just use equal parts of full fat cream and full fat milk.
Next, grease a muffin tin and pour egg mixture in about 1/3 of the way full. I’ve added some mixed veggies in the past as well.
Cover with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Remove eggs and let them cool completely. Don’t skip this step because if you do you’ll have a soggy sandwich!
Finally, it’s time to assemble the sandwich. Slice your mini croissants in half. Add a slice of canadian bacon (optional), cheese square, baked egg and an extra cheese square. Top it off with the other side of your halved croissant.
Wrap it up in freezable seal wrap and off to the refrigerator they go for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.
If you decide to freeze and want to reheat, remove the storage wrap and wrap it around a paper towel. Defrost in microwave for 45 seconds, flipping it half way through. Then microwave it for an additional 45 seconds. All microwaves vary so make sure to double check it once in a while!
Freezable Breakfast Sandwiches
A delicious freezer friendly breakfast, perfect for meal prep!
- 12 mini croissants
- 8 large brown eggs
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 12 slices of canadian bacon
- 4 slices of white sharp cheddar cheese cut in 4th
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: Can add veggies or sausage to the egg mixture for additional flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat eggs, half & half, and seasonings in a medium bowl
- Grease a muffin tin and pour mixture filling each tin 1/4-1/3 of the way full
- Cover with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through
- Remove eggs and let them cool completely (this is important so that no steam moisture gets caught when you wrap them up to freeze- no one likes a soggy sandwich)
- Slice mini croissants in half horizontally
- Layer: bottom croissant, a slice of canadian bacon, cheese square, egg, second cheese square and then top half of croissant.
- Wrap in freezable seal wrap
Storing & Reheating Direction: Store in refrigerator up to 4 days and freezer up to 3 months, I do prefer to eat frozen food in a month though.
- Take frozen sandwich out of storage wrap and wrap with a paper towel. Defrost in microwave for 45 seconds (flipping half way through). Microwave for an additional 45 seconds to 1 minute. Let stand for 2 minutes. Enjoy.
For more breakfast ideas check out these Strawberry Cheese Rollups Recipe