My mornings are always rushed at my house. and 9 out of 10 times I'm pressed for time. These croissant breakfast sandwiches are freezable and are easy on a pinch and starts off your family's morning right. Who can resist a yummy buttery croissant? Make these in 10-15 minutes and make your mornings go so much smoother.
Why You'll Love This Meal Prep Breakfast Recipe
- Fast and Easy - Just a few minutes of prep goes a long way to speed up things in the am. Just a half an hour to prepare it for a few days of peace. We have had some very busy mornings lately, with school and home being all rolled into one. Some days we wake up just 10 minutes before online schooling, and these are quick to whip up and also they are pretty mess free!
- Versatile - You can add bacon, sausage or any other cooked food to this recipe once warmed.
I definitely feel quick meals like cereal or granola has its place, but there's something about a warm wholesome sandwich to start your day. These are perfect for everyone in the family, from moms, dads, kids, and everyone in between! Since the kiddos are always hungry they can also eat these for a in between or after school snack.
How to Make Croissant Sandwiches
First you'll need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, beat scramble eggs, half and half and any desired seasonings, or simply salt and pepper to taste. If you don't have access to half and half, just use equal parts of full fat cream and full fat milk. I'm sure regular milk will work as well, but it may change the texture just a bit.
Next, grease a muffin tin and pour egg mixture in about ⅓ of the way full. I've added some mixed veggies in the past as well. Cooking eggs in advance helps so much!
Next, you'll want to cover the muffin pan with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Then, remove the eggs and let them cool completely. Don't skip this step because if you do you'll have a soggy sandwich! Allowing it to cool will prevent too much moisture.
Finally, it's time to assemble the sandwich. Slice your mini croissants in half. Add a slice of Canadian bacon (optional), cheese square, baked egg and an extra cheese square. Top it off with the other side of your halved croissant.
Wrap it up in freezable seal wrap and off to the refrigerator they go for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month. It'll be ready for you in the freezer when you need it most!
If you decide to freeze and want to reheat, remove the storage wrap and wrap it around a paper towel. Defrost in microwave for 45 seconds, flipping it half way through. Then microwave it for an additional 45 seconds. All microwaves vary so make sure to double check it once in a while! It usually takes 1-2 minutes in total to reheat.
Cook's Tips To Make Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches
- You can create a ham and cheese variety as well.
- Feeding a crowd and have these in the freezer? Grab a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake at 350F until defrosted and croissants are toasted.
- You may cook bacon as well and add it to your sandwich. Just cook it in a skillet over medium high heat. I do recommend doing this fresh and adding it to your warmed sandwich.
- If you're planning on reheating these one at a time, wrap them individually.
- If you want to make this vegetarian, just omit the addition of any meats.
- You can defrost the sandwiches the night before, if you know you'll have it in the morning for an even quicker experience.
- Can you freeze these?
- Yes you can! I created this recipe just for freezing. You may keep it in an air tight plastic wrap within a zip lock bag, but I suggest only freezing them for a month or two. It won't longer be a flaky croissant in my opinion.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep them in the fridge for 3 days. Just reheat it in the oven or the microwave.
- Do frozen scrambled eggs freeze well?
- Scrambled eggs freeze amazing. They keep well and freeze nicely. Just always remember to let your eggs fully cool. When reheating make sure you let them thaw in the refrigerator or use the defrost option for best results.
- What's the best way to freeze croissants without filling?
- Croissants will last longer if frozen. Just cover them with plastic wrap or foil so it doesn't dry out.
- How long do croissants on its own last on the counter or the fridge?
- If the croissants are fresh, they last up to 2 days in room temp.
- If you store them in an air tight container, it will last about a week in the fridge.
Freezable Breakfast Sandwiches
- 12 mini croissants
- 8 large brown eggs
- ¼ cup half & half
- 12 slices of canadian bacon
- 4 slices of white sharp cheddar cheese cut in 4th
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: Can add veggies or sausage to the egg mixture for additional flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat eggs, half & half, and seasonings in a medium bowl
- Grease a muffin tin and pour mixture filling each tin ¼-1/3 of the way full
- Cover with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through
- Remove eggs and let them cool completely (this is important so that no steam moisture gets caught when you wrap them up to freeze- no one likes a soggy sandwich)
- Slice mini croissants in half horizontally
- Layer: bottom croissant, a slice of canadian bacon, cheese square, egg, second cheese square and then top half of croissant.
- Wrap in freezable seal wrap
- Storing & Reheating Direction: Store in refrigerator up to 4 days and freezer up to 3 months, I do prefer to eat frozen food in a month though.
- Take frozen sandwich out of storage wrap and wrap with a paper towel. Defrost in microwave for 45 seconds (flipping half way through). Microwave for an additional 45 seconds to 1 minute. Let stand for 2 minutes. Enjoy.
Looking for easy lunch ideas? Try these Loaded Tuna Cups ore these Mini Zucchini Bites
Tried this easy croissant breakfast sandwiches recipe and love it? Leave me a comment and rating below. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook
For more breakfast ideas check out these Strawberry Cheese Rollups Recipe
Danon Vest says
How long do you heat the refrigerated ones in the regular oven and what temperature?
Hi: It wouldn't take very long if it hasn't been frozen in the oven at 350F I would try 3-5 minutes. Hope that helps!