Tis the season for pumpkin! Every fall, I make pumpkin rolls. You know the one that involves a lot of work, but is so yummy that you end up making it regardless? This year however, I have my hands full with two kids. Nevertheless, my pumpkin roll cravings are still going strong. One afternoon, I improvised, and that day, I bit into the best pumpkin cream cheese rollups I've ever tasted.
This is a such a great, easy fix to my cravings. It has the perfect crunch with a creamy warm filling. Best of all, you can make just one or two rollups, instead of baking a whole roll. You also don't need an oven or mixer.
First you'll want to mix pumpkin puree and brown sugar in a bowl.
Then you'll want to use a rolling pin or glass to flat the bread. Cut off ends of bread if desired. This is perfect for an older child to do!
Then spread the cream cheese on the bread.
Roll the prepared bread like a tube.
In a bowl add egg and milk and beat. Dip prepared rollups in mixture. Add some butter in a pan and brown on all sides.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Rollups
- 5 slices bread fresh is best
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs. milk
- 2 tbs. brown sugar divided
- ¼ c. pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tbs. butter
- 3 tbs. cream cheese
- In a bowl, mix pumpkin puree and 1 tbs. brown sugar, set aside
- Using a rolling pin or glass, flatten bread by rolling. Cut ends of bread if desired
- Spread cream cheese on one end of the bread
- Top with pumpkin puree mixture
- Roll like a tube
- In a pan, add butter
- Brown all sides
- Dip and roll in remaining brown sugar