Make this easy Korean beef in less than half an hour in your instant pot. It’s a combination of a burst of flavors in one bite and hands down one of my favorite Korean dishes.
Finding a well-balanced meal can be difficult. Not only will this meal leave you pleasantly satisfied with savory flavors, it will also leave your body with a variety of nutrients you need to sustain a healthy lifestyle.
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Beef Recipe
- Protein Rich The bulk of this meal is beef. This fuels the body with the energy it needs to sustain or recharge from a busy day.
- Veggie Packed – Broccoli, carrots, and onions all play a vital role in this recipe. Combined, these veggies contain vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, potassium, and antioxidants.
How to make this Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
The first step is to turn on your instant pot and select sauté. Once the instant pot heats up, add in the vegetable oil. Next, separate your beef into 2-3 batches. Add in the beef 1 batch at a time. Sear the sides of the beef cubes until golden, but not overly brown.
Cook’s Tip: If you like a softer type of beef, make sure you buy chuck or sirloin something with more marbeling.
It’s time to bring on the flavor! In a separate bowl, stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, chili paste, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, black pepper and rice wine vinegar.
Pour this mixture into the instant pot with the beef. Add in the carrot and onion.
Then add in the sauce mixture.
Put the lid on the instant pot and seal the pressure valve. Select the manual setting and cook under HIGH pressure for 20 minutes. Once the time is up, allow the food to cool for 10 minutes. Then, select quick release. Open the lid and set the pot to sauté. Time to add more veggies! Add in the broccoli and let it cook in the broth mixture for 1 minute.
Here’s a pro tip for you: Don’t add in the broccoli too early! Broccoli absorbs moisture easily. Because of the nature of this recipe, adding broccoli last will prevent it from being soggy.
In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and ¼ cup of water.
Mix it thoroughly and stir into the broth created in the instant pot. Keep stirring and let the broth thicken for about 3 minutes.
Dish up! Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve with scallion on top for a traditional appeal.
- Sauté beef in batches to prevent overflow and uneven cooking
- Add in broccoli at the end to avoid a soggy vegetable (and complaints from the kiddos!)
- Whisk continuously in order to help the mixture thicken
- Serve with rice to make a wholesome meal
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- This Korean beef can easily be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- I don’t have an instant pot, can I still make this?
- Yes, you can but it will take much longer to soften up the meat. Follow the directions in the recipe, except you’ll have to simmer your beef a little longer. I highly suggest using some meat with more fat for more tender beef.
Looking for more dinner ideas? Give these a try!
- One Pot Seafood Jambalaya
- One Pot Thai Noodles
- Instant Pot Korean Seafood Soup – Ahjuummarecipes
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken – Sweet and Savory Meals
Easy Korean Beef
- Instant Pot
- 3 pounds beef chuck diced into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- ½ cup Beef broth or water
- ¾ cup Dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup Soy sauce
- ½ Tablespoon Korean chili paste or Sriracha Sambal (optional, or reduce for kids)
- ½ Onion cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 Medium carrot cut into 1-inch chunks, or use baby carrots
- ½ Medium Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ginger grated
- 4 cloves Garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Sesame seeds
- 1 medium Scallion diced
- Turn on instant pot and select sauté. When it is hot, add in vegetable oil. Cook beef in 2-3 batches and sear the sides of the beef cubes till golden, 5 minutes for each batch. Do not overcook.
- In a separate bowl, stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, chili paste, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, black pepper, rice wine vinegar, and broth. Add this mixture into the instant pot with the beef and add onion and carrot.
- Seal the pressure valve, select manual setting, cook under high pressure for 20 minutes, around to cool for 10 minutes, then quick release.
- Open the lid and set the pot to saute, add in broccoli and let cook in the broth for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and ¼ cup of water, mix thoroughly and stir into the broth. Keep stirring and let the broth thicken while frequently stirring, for around 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and serve with scallion on top.
- Serve with rice
- Add in broccoli last to avoid soggy vegetables
- Reduce or omit korean chili paste if less spicy is desired
- Don't use very lean meat if you would like a more tender beef texture outcome.