The kids are back to school and settling into their new schedules nicely, there’s a hint of fall in the air and pumpkin spice products of all kinds are on store shelves. All this can mean only one thing—Halloween is near!
This Mummy Halloween Stuffed Mini Peppers recipe has it all. It’s the perfect recipe to get your kids involved in the kitchen, which has been shown to make them more open to trying new foods. The ingredients and final product are fun, colorful and a great way to get your kids in the Halloween spirit. And best of all, mini peppers are an incredible source of dietary fiber, potassium, and Vitamins A, C and B6!
Give this recipe a try today and get your kids in on the spooky, delicious fun!
- 2 c Shredded Chicken
- 1 c Sour Cream
- 1 4oz Diced Green Chilis, Canned
- 1 lb Mini Peppers
- Black Beans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine shredded chicken, sour cream, and diced chilis in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Cut mini peppers lengthwise, just in front of the stem.
- Stuff peppers with chicken mixture.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and split into 4 rectangles. Pinch seams together to remove perforated lines and use a pizza cutter to make 8 strips.
- Wrap mini pepper with 1-2 strips, making sure to leave room for the eyes, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once you remove peppers from oven, add black beans as eyes.