Do you own an Instant Pot yet? It’s the ultimate mom life saver. I use it weekly to cook spaghetti in 8 minutes, tender beef stew in half the time and these one pot instant pot chicken teriyaki rice bowls. If you don’t know what it is, it’s an all in one pressure cooker that doubles as a rice cooker steamer even a cheesecake maker! My youngest is extremely clingy these days (no he hasn’t changed). Frankly he won’t let me cook these days so any type of one pot meal that doesn’t need babysitting is perfect for our family right now. If you’re still reading though, you probably own one so I’ll spare you the praise. This is NOT a sponsored post, but as you may already know I love sharing tips to make your life easier.
So lets talk teriyaki chicken. I think it’s pretty much up there with the chicken nuggets category. I get dozens and dozens of messages from moms saying, ” my child only eats teriyaki chicken or nuggets.” That said, It starts to get pricey if you buy take out everyday. So here’s a fast easy fix. You can choose whichever teriyaki sauce your child prefers or which ever one suits your nutritional needs. Some are higher in sugar than others with more additives, so feel free to choose what you like.
Another tip to include more veggies into this dish is to add steamed cauliflower into the rice once already cooked. I love the frozen kinds that you steam in the microwave. Just adding a tablespoon into a rice serving gives a boost in nutrition. Without further ado, here’s how to make this super easy dinner!
First you want to pour oil, water, bouillon, and salt into the Instant Pot Bowl. Press the “saute” button and cook until the bouillon cube dissolves (about 5 minutes) Push “cancel.”
You’ll then want to add in the rice and stir until covered by water. Gently place chicken tenderloins on top of the rice.
You’ll then pour your teriyaki sauce, garlic, and ginger on top of the chicken. Lock the lid and seal the valve. Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Yes, just 4 minutes. Let it natural release for 8 minutes.
Release the valve to venting, open and place broccoli in the pot. Lock lid and seal valve again, for another 5 minutes. By the way you don’t add the broccoli until now so it won’t get soggy. Trust me I’ve tried to save time, but failed!
Release and open lid. Remove chicken and cut into cubes or strips. Mix it back into the rice and combine. Dish in bowls and top with sesame seeds and additional teriyaki sauce if desired. Serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!
One Pot Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls
An easy instant pot recipe for a tasty weeknight dinner
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white Jasmine rice
- 8 frozen chicken tenderloins Kirkland brand from Costco are most moist
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Sprinkle sesame seeds
- Pour oil, water, bouillon, and salt in Instant Pot bowl. Press “Saute” button and cook until cube dissolves, about 5 minutes. Push “Cancel.”
- Add in rice and stir until covered by water. Gently place chicken tenderloins on top of rice.
- Pour teriyaki sauce, garlic, and ginger on top of chicken. Lock lid and seal valve. Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Let it natural release for 8 minutes.
- Release the valve to venting, open and place broccoli in the pot. Lock lid and seal valve again, for another 5 minutes.
- 5. Release and open lid. Remove chicken and cut into cubes or strips. Mix it back into the rice and combine. Dish in bowls and top with sesame seeds and additional teriyaki sauce if desired. Serve immediately while warm.
Nutritional values are based on one serving
If you’re still reading and haven’t an instant pot yet, it might a good idea to add it on your wish list! On a side random note, I have a deals page where I post deals including instant pot sales when prices drop.
*If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!