Chicken teriyaki is a big favorite with kids everywhere—it’s something about the sauce! Those store-bought chicken teriyaki bowls may be quick and convenient, but the home-made version is so much better. With less sugar, a lot less salt and fewer preservatives, this is the way chicken teriyaki was meant to be! Your taste buds and your body will love it, and home-cooked meals are always the best thing for the kids!
This particular sheet pan chicken teriyaki recipe is the quickest, easiest and healthiest yet! With Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning and avocado oil, it’s absolutely bursting with flavor! And the avocado oil is heart-healthy, full of antioxidants and oleic acid—a super healthy fat. What’s more, you can mix and match your family’s favorite vegetables, making it even better!
Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Veggies
For the sauce:
- ½ cup coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger or 1 tsp dried ginger
- ¼ cup oj freshly squeezed preferred
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1.5-2 lbs chicken thighs or chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1 head broccoli chopped in large florets
- 1 small bag baby carrots
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper, set aside on a sheet pan lined with foil or parchment.
- Mix together all ingredients for the sauce in a small pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, stirring frequently, about 5-10 minutes. Reserve a small amount of sauce for serving.
- Use the remaining teriyaki sauce to coat all sides of the chicken. [Veggies would be coated in oil and seasoning, then go on the sheet pan at this time surrounding chicken] Cook chicken and veggies for 30-45 minutes, turning halfway thru, until done. Serve with remaining sauce, and rice or noodles.
And that’s all there is to it! A healthy, home-cooked chicken teriyaki meal for the whole family!