A hearty meal made in a few minutes all in one pan! This chicken potato bake will soon be a basic staple recipe in your household!
White potatoes have a lot of nutritional benefits! It might be hard to believe, but You might not potatoes actually has nearly half your daily value of vitamin c. It also has more potassium than a banana, vitamin b6 and even antioxidants and fiber! So don't knock it down when you see it in a recipe.
Why you'll love this oven baked chicken and potatoes recipe
- Minimal ingredients - Just a few staple ingredients and you'll have dinner ready on the table
- Hearty - filling and relatively inexpensive to feed a a large family
- Easy to make - essentially a one pan meal. Let the oven do the work!
- Includes Veggies - I love meals that include some type of vegetable so I don't need to cook a separate dish. This includes relatively tasteless spinach.
My son loves all things bacon so we added some turkey bacon to it and of course cheese.
How to make this healthy baked chicken recipe
First, preheat your oven to 400F. Peel and cut your potatoes into small cubes, set aside.
Then cut and cube the chicken breast.
Next in a large bowl, mix olive oil, onion powder, salt, pepper, and paprika together.
Add spinach and chicken into the bowl and transfer into a baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked and potato is soft. Mix one or twice halfway for eve cooking.
It may take longer to cook depending on the size of your baking dish. I've cooked this dish in small mini loaf dishes. It took about half an hour to cook. Furthermore, don't forget to mix it up every 15 minutes for even cooking. A 9x13" baking dish will take about 50-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, cook bacon as directed. Remove from oven, add chopped bacon and sprinkle cheese over the top. Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Garnish with chopped green onions.
- How do i know when the baked chicken is cooked?
- I always advise using an internal thermometer. When it reaches 165F, it is cooked.
- How long can this keep in the fridge
- Three days max, but this dish is best fresh!
Recipe adapted from Stock Piling Moms
Try these other easy dinner recipes
4 Ingredient Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Oven Baked Chicken Breasts - Spending with Pennies
Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes - Salt and Lavender
Tried this Air Fryer Vegetables Recipe and love it? Please leave me a comment and rating below. Feel free to also tag me, I love to see your creations and sharing them. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook
Chicken Potato Bake
- 6 small russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins cubed
- ⅓ c. olive oil
- 1 tbs. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt this is to taste, add more if desired
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbs. paprika
- ¼ c. spinach chopped
- 3-4 strips of cooked turkey bacon chopped
- Mexican cheese
- Green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Peel and cut potatoes in small cubes, set aside
- Cut and cube chicken, set aside
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika
- Add spinach,chicken, and potato into bowl
- Transfer into a bake safe dish, and cover with foil
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked and potato is soft. Mix once or twice halfway. May take longer if your baking dish is larger.
- While chicken is cooking, cook bacon or use cooked bacon
- Remove from oven, remove foil, and add chopped bacon and sprinkle cheese over top
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped green onions
- Recipe adapted from Stock Piling Moms