A bite sized twist to a classic comfort recipe. Make these easy individual mini chicken pot pies with just four ingredients. Chicken pot pie is a comfort meal that almost everyone loves. It’s not the easiest to make from scratch, but this will satiate that craving, made in less than half an hour. Made in a muffin tin, these Mini Chicken Pot Pie recipe are perfect for toddlers and adults alike. It’s one of our favorite 4 ingredient meals!
The Traditional Pie takes so long to make. Skip the puff pastry dough making and try buying store bought crescent rolls. There are even organic varieties out there! Your whole family will love this healthy chicken pot pie recipe! My family loves it.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Kid Friendly Dinner Recipe
- Veggie Packed – Mixed veggies are included in this recipe. It packs a big nutritional punch in one bite.
- Easy to Make – It only takes less than half and hour from start to finish!
- Kid Friendly – Get the kids involved in the kitchen with this recipe! They’ll have so much fun and are more likely to eat what they’ve made to.
How to Make Healthy Mini Chicken Pot Pies – step by step
First, preheat your oven to 375F. Then prep your ingredients. There won’t be much to the preparation but cubing store bought rotisserie chicken and opening the can of cream of chicken!
Then in a medium bowl, mix chicken, cream of chicken and sprinkle a little chicken seasoning or salt and pepper. Set aside
Next, use a glass or cookie cutter and carve out circles of crescent rolls dough.
Then you’ll want to grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and carefully place dough in each circle. Add chicken mixture into each circle.
Finally, using the leftover crescent dough, cut strips and place it on top, in a weaving pattern.
Bake for about 20 minutes, check at 15 minutes for desired brownness.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies for Toddlers
These pot pies are perfect for little hands, and each one comes in at under 200 calories. I always make a muffin tray full of them, and then just keep them in the fridge and reheat them when needed, so you always have something on hand. These tasty pot pies will be sure to please even the pickiest of eaters! This chicken pot pie recipe version is great for messes too! They’re bite size and easy to eat.
Individual chicken pot pies
These mini pies are super tasty and delicious, and they aren’t just for the little ones! They would also make perfect finger food for a party or as an appetizer, or you could serve a couple of them as part of a dinner served with veggies and a potato side.
Chicken pot pies made with crescent rolls
A traditional pot pie is delicious, but we don’t always have the time to make them from scratch! This recipe makes it quick and easy! Store bought crescent rolls make the perfect substitute for puff pastry and a store bought rotisserie chicken cuts down on mess and means you can make twelve of these pies in 30 minutes!
Top tips for making 4 ingredient Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- Use rotisserie chicken that’s seasoned the taste you want the pot pie to taste. If you use a barbecue flavored rotisserie chicken, you’re going to have a bbq flavored pot pie!
- Use store-bought rotisserie chicken. It will save so much time and dishes.
- Use just corn or just carrots for those picky eaters who don’t like certain vegetables.
- I used frozen vegetables for ease, but if you have fresh you can use those!
- Can you freeze these?
- This recipe is best fresh. There are no preservatives in the recipe and the patty tends to break down over time if frozen.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep them in the fridge for 3 days. Either reheat it in pan for a crispy texture or microwave it for a few seconds
Be sure to try these other easy chicken recipes for toddlers!
‘No Work’ Baked Chicken by The Seasoned Mom
Kid-Friendly Cheddar Crusted Baked Chicken Strips by A Sweet Pea Chef
4 Ingredient Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Bite Sized Chicken Pot Pies made in a fraction of the time it takes to make traditional pot pie!
- Crescent dough – Store bought
- 1 c. cooked chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 c. canned cream of chicken
- thawed garden vegetables
- chicken seasoning or salt and pepper optional
Preheat oven to 375F
In a bowl, mix chicken, cream of chicken and sprinkle a little chicken seasoning or salt and pepper. Set aside
Using a glass or cookie cutter, carve out circles of crescent dough
Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and carefully place dough in each circle
Add chicken mixture into each circle
Using the leftover dough, cut strips and place it on top as shown in video
Bake for about 20 minutes, check at 15 minutes for desired browness
Pro Tip: Don't forget to use salt and pepper seasoned rotisserie chicken or a desired flavor. If you use teriyaki flavored chicken your pies will taste like teriyaki chicken!
Nutritional values are based on one pie