A bite sized twist to a classic comfort recipe. Make these easy mini chicken pot pie with just four ingredients. Chicken pot pie is a comfort meal that almost everyone loves. It’s not the easiest to make from scratch, but this will satiate that craving, made in less than half an hour.
The Traditional Pie take so long to make. Skip the dough making and try buying store bought crescent rolls. There are even organic varieties out there!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Veggie Packed – Mixed veggies are included in this recipe. It packs a big nutritional punch in one bite.
- Easy to Make – It only takes less than half and hour from start to finish!
- Kid Friendly – Get the kids involved in the kitchen with this recipe! They’ll have so much fun and are more likely to eat what they’ve made to.
How to Make It
First, preheat your oven to 375F. Then prep your ingredients. There won’t be much to the preparation but cubing store bought rotisserie chicken and opening the can of cream of chicken!
Then in a medium bowl, mix chicken, cream of chicken and sprinkle a little chicken seasoning or salt and pepper. Set aside
Next, use a glass or cookie cutter and carve out circles of crescent dough.
Then you’ll want to grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and carefully place dough in each circle. Add chicken mixture into each circle.
Finally, using the leftover dough, cut strips and place it on top, in a weaving pattern.
Bake for about 20 minutes, check at 15 minutes for desired brownness.
Here’s a pro tip for you:
- Use rotisserie chicken that’s seasoned the taste you want the pot pie to taste. If you use a barbecue flavored rotisserie chicken, you’re going to have a bbq flavored pot pie!
- Use store-bought rotisserie chicken. It will save so much time and dishes.
- Use just corn or just carrots for those picky eaters who don’t like certain vegetables.
- Can you freeze these?
- This recipe is best fresh. There are no preservatives in the recipe and the patty tends to break down over time if frozen.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep them in the fridge for 3 days. Either reheat it in pan for a crispy texture or microwave it for a few seconds
4 Ingredient Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Bite Sized Chicken Pot Pies made in a fraction of the time it takes to make traditional pot pie!
- Crescent dough – Store bought
- 1 c. cooked chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 c. canned cream of chicken
- thawed garden vegetables
- chicken seasoning or salt and pepper optional
Preheat oven to 375F
- In a bowl, mix chicken, cream of chicken and sprinkle a little chicken seasoning or salt and pepper. Set aside
- Using a glass or cookie cutter, carve out circles of crescent dough
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and carefully place dough in each circle
- Add chicken mixture into each circle
- Using the leftover dough, cut strips and place it on top as shown in video
- Bake for about 20 minutes, check at 15 minutes for desired browness
Pro Tip: Don't forget to use salt and pepper seasoned rotisserie chicken or a desired flavor. If you use teriyaki flavored chicken your pies will taste like teriyaki chicken!
Nutritional values are based on one pie