This easy beef milanesa is an easy recipe made in 25 minutes and is family friendly. It's crisp on the outside and softer on the inside. It honestly reminds me of chicken fried steak without the gravy or Japanese Katsu. My kids love this milanesa steak recipe so much! Best of all it doesn't break the bank.
Perfect for nugget lovers! This easy beef milanesa recipe has the crunch of a nugget with a different protein. It's also a little more grow up food friendly than chicken nuggets, making it perfect as a family dinner dish for sure! My kiddos ask for this weekly and it's a great alternative to processed foods.
Why You'll Love This Beef Milanesa Recipe
- Protein Rich - I use a lean beef for extra protein for this dish. I like to use top round beef beef. It's actually very lean, and this recipe is perfect for it.
- Versatile - You can pair this with so many sides. From corn to fries, and some like it with rice!
- Budget Friendly - This recipe calls for breaded top round cutlet beef, which is generally more affordable. You can feed a large crowd without breaking the bank.
How to Make This
Create your dredging stations. One bowl of flour, one for your eggs, and one for the seasoned panko.
Coat the steak in flour, then dip it into the egg wash and finish it off by coating with panko. Repeat until all steaks are coated.
Add oil into a frying pan over medium high heat and pan fry he breaded steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a side of lemon and side dishes like fries or corn.
Step by Step Instructions
Start by setting up your dredging station by preparing 3 large bowls. Fill one bowl with flour, one for your eggs and one of the panko, giving each bowl a generous sprinkle of the seasonings including garlic powder. You can add more salt and pepper if you wish. In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
First coat the thinly sliced steak in flour, then dip the steak into the egg wash. This is my favorite kind of cut of meat because it's nice and thin.
Next coat the steak in panko. If you don't have panko bread crumbs. You can always make it with a food processor and a few extra steps. Repeat until all steaks are dredged. (Tip: Start by patting steak dry paper towel to ensure coatings stick.)
It should look something like this. Make sure to coat both sides.
Heat the oil in frying pan, over medium-high heat. Make sure the oil is hot and pan fry the breaded steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side or until breading has browned. Work in batches, if necessary, making sure to not overcrowd the pan. Brown on both sides, and serve hot and enjoy. You'll want it to be a golden brown color. You may also drain excess oil by placing on a paper towel.
Squeeze some lemon on it for added flavor if you wish!
Here's a pro tip for you: Use Thongs or Chopsticks! It will keep your fingers clean and make the process a little quicker. Go ahead and print this recipe and try this milanesa de res recipe today!
- Pat your beef with a paper towel to ensure coating sticks.
- For a slightly healthier option, you can also air fry these!
- What is milanesa?
- It's a breaded piece of meat and is a variation of schnitzel or katsu.
- What kind of dish is beef milanesa de res?
- It's one of my favorite Mexican food, but I believe it's from Argentina and also served in many other Latin American countries.
- What kind of beef do you use for easy beef milanesa?
- I would suggest using thin sliced top round cutlets.
- Can you freeze these?
- This recipe is best fresh. There are no preservatives in the recipe and the patty tends to break down over time if frozen.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep them in the fridge for 3 days. Either reheat it in pan for a crispy texture or microwave it for a few seconds
- Can I use a different type of protein?
- You may use a thin slice of chicken, fish, veal or even pork.
- What should I serve this breaded meat with?
- You can serve it with fried potatoes, a salad, and even rice and beans. ,
Watch How to Make It
Tried this beef milanesa recipe and love it? Leave me a comment and rating below, it helps me learn about what kind of recipes to create next. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook
Easy Beef Milanesa
- ~1lb Thin Cut Eye of Round Steak
- 1.5 Cup Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Panko may sub breadcrumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- Start by setting up your dredging station. One bowl of flour, one of your eggs and one of the panko, giving each bowl a generous sprinkle of the seasonings.
- First coat the steak in flour, then dip the steak into the egg wash. Next coat the steak in panko. Repeat until all steaks are dredged. (Tip: Start by patting steak dry paper towel to ensure coatings stick.)
- Heat the oil in frying pan, over medium-high heat and pan fry the breaded steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side or until breading has browned. Work in batches, if necessary, making sure to not overcrowd the pan. Serve hot and enjoy.