This is the ultimate comfort food. It’s crisp on the outside and softer on the inside. This easy beef milanesa recipe is ready in 25 minutes! It honestly reminds me of chicken fried steak without the gravy.
Perfect for nugget lovers! This easy beef milanesa recipe has the crunch of a nugget with a different protein. It’s also a little more grow up food friendly. The perfect family dinner dish for sure!
Why You’ll Love This Beef Milanesa Recipe
- Protein Rich – I use a lean beef for extra protein for this dish
- Versatile – You can pair this with so many sides. From corn to fries, and some like it with rice!
- Budget Friendly – This recipe calls for breaded top round cutlet beef, which is generally more affordable.
How to Make Breaded Beef
Start by setting up your dredging station by preparing 3 large bowls. Fill one bowl with flour, one for your eggs and one of the panko, giving each bowl a generous sprinkle of the seasonings including garlic powder. You can add more salt and pepper if you wish. Make sure you whisk your eggs.
First coat the thinly sliced steak in flour, then dip the steak into the egg wash.
Next coat the steak in panko. If you don’t have panko bread crumbs. You can always make it with a food processor and a few extra steps. Repeat until all steaks are dredged. (Tip: Start by patting steak dry paper towel to ensure coatings stick.)
It should look something like this. Make sure to coat both sides.
Heat the oil in frying pan, over medium-high heat and pan fry the breaded steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side or until breading has browned. Work in batches, if necessary, making sure to not overcrowd the pan. Brown on both sides, and serve hot and enjoy. You’ll want it to be a golden brown color. You may also drain excess oil by placing on a paper towel.
Squeeze some lemon on it for added flavor if you wish!
Here’s a pro tip for you: Use Thongs or Chopsticks! It will keep your fingers clean and make the process a little quicker. Go ahead and print this recipe and try this milanesa de res recipe today!
- Pat your beef with a paper towel to ensure coating sticks.
- For a slightly healthier option, you can also air fry these!
- What kind of dish is beef milanesa de res?
- It is considered a main dish in many states of México and other Latin American countries.
- What kind of beef do you use for easy beef milanesa?
- I would suggest using thin sliced top round cutlets.
- Can you freeze these?
- This recipe is best fresh. There are no preservatives in the recipe and the patty tends to break down over time if frozen.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep them in the fridge for 3 days. Either reheat it in pan for a crispy texture or microwave it for a few seconds
Easy Beef Milanesa
This is a great alternative for your fried food lover!
- ~1lb Thin Cut Eye of Round Steak
- 1.5 Cup Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Panko may sub breadcrumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
Start by setting up your dredging station. One bowl of flour, one of your eggs and one of the panko, giving each bowl a generous sprinkle of the seasonings.
First coat the steak in flour, then dip the steak into the egg wash. Next coat the steak in panko. Repeat until all steaks are dredged. (Tip: Start by patting steak dry paper towel to ensure coatings stick.)
Heat the oil in frying pan, over medium-high heat and pan fry the breaded steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side or until breading has browned. Work in batches, if necessary, making sure to not overcrowd the pan. Serve hot and enjoy.
*Would not freeze. Can be kept In fridge for 3-4 days and re-crisped with a little oil stovetop. Can also microwave but outside wont be as crispy.
Tried this recipe and love it? Leave me a comment and rating below. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook