If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to a chocolate chip cookie, look no futher. This flourless chocolate chip cookies recipe is so tasty and also lower in carbohydrates than it’s traditional counter part. It’s kids approved, husband approved, and friends love it too! I mean what’s not too love!?
Honestly, IF all lo-carb foods tastes as good as this flourless chocolate chip cookies recipe, I might be trying my hand at more recipes. Frankly, I could always eat a little healthier.
It’s packed with protein and has no added sugar. Completely satisfying if you’re looking for a chewy nutty cookie! Before you knock it down because it has no flour.. check out this texture! And better yet.. no bananas! Nothing against the awesome yellow fruit, but sometimes we get banana’d out. You can also add a little more sea salt than described on the recipe if you like the sweet and salty variety!
- If you’re looking for even less carbs use walnuts instead of cashews.
- This recipe does not expand, so whatever size you first bake the cookies, it will be the same throughout.
- How do I store this? – After cooling, place in an air tight container.
Flourless Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup cashews raw chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt for a sweet and salty cookie add a little more
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients (almond meal, chocolate chips, cashews, salt, baking soda)
- In another bowl, whisk egg and add honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together
- Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Using a cookie scooper add cookie mixture
- Use a spoon (greased with a little coconut oil) or small bowl to flatten cookie. The cookie will not expand while baking so it will stay the size you press it down to.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes
- Allow to cool before removing from parchment paper to prevent sticking and also allowing it to mold together. Tip: it will feel crumbly, but will mold together while cooling
Looking for more easy dessert recipes? Try these:
Tried this recipe and loved it? Leave a comment and rating below. For inspiration follow us on Instagram or like us on Facebook