This wholesome easy overnight chia oats recipe is perfect for those busy mornings! It's no-cook and literally comes together in the refrigerator overnight.
Mornings are so hectic. Make this nutritious no cook breakfast meal overnight. Just a few ingredients is all you need for a healthy morning pick me up or snack.
Why is Chia Pudding Healthy?
- Protein Rich and High in Fiber - means it's great for your blood sugar and a great way to start your morning. About two table spoons of chia seeds has about 11 grams of fiber. This includes antioxidants vitamins, and minerals. All from a tiny seed!
- Omega -chia seeds are a great concentrated food containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids
How to make Overnight Chia Pudding
In a bowl or a jar like this for easy sealing, add in quick rolled oats. I personally like this jar because it has a wide mouth for easy scooping. Feel free to use any bowl and cover it.
Then add in your chia seeds. There are white chia seeds and black chia seeds. There is no nutritional difference except for aesthetic.
Then you can add your milk of choice.
Then add in your sweetener of choice. I love adding honey or agave. Make this vegan by using a plant based milk and agave instead of honey!
Mix the ingredients until well incorporated. This is a perk of using a jar. All you have to do is seal it and shake away! Place it in the fridge overnight and add fruit in the morning.
Here's a pro tip for you: Do you or your family have a favorite fruit? Add it on top and make this a tasty treat!
- If the pudding is to thick for your taste, simply add in more liquid in the morning. Remember, chia seeds expand so don't gauge the thickness prior to 2-3 hours.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep them this the fridge for 2-3 days. Any longer and your oats will be soggy and it will be pretty thick
Looking for more easy healthy breakfast recipes? Try these!
Easy Chia Oats
- ¼ cup Rolled Quick Oats
- ½ cup Milk Milk of choice
- 2-3 tablespoons Honey or agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 1 cup Strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon coconut shreds
- Add all ingredients in a bowl or a mason jar.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or best overnight
- Top with fruits, coconut shreds or nuts if desired