The holiday season is officially upon us. Every year it feels like it approaches faster and faster, right? There’s no better fun way to celebrate with your family than with my gluten-free donuts in fun reindeer shapes! Without a doubt, there are so many temptations set out on the table yearly. From decadent desserts to savory foods. it's easy to load up on dishes that may not be the best for you. These reindeer almond flour donuts are a fun and healthier alternative you can't resist.
The secret to this festive recipe is Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour. Ideal for all kinds of gluten-free, grain-free and vegan baking, this incredible baking ingredient is made from California almonds ground into a super-fine texture. Just with only five grams of carbs per serving and almost sugar-free, it stands out as the healthiest way to treat your kids to the baked goods they love! These are great for those cold rainy days when you can't help but stay inside and keep the kids busy. For some of you, I know snow is already in the forecast.
These gluten-free donuts are not just healthy, they're delicious alternative to traditional, greasy fried donuts. With using Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour, you can make delicious donuts your kids will love without all the carbs, sugar and gluten of traditional donuts! And if you leave out the glaze, they’re even healthier!
First you'll want to combine your dry ingredients.
Next, combine your wet ingredients. In a medium-sized bowl, add butter, coconut sugar and agave. It’s ready to go into the microwave until it melts. You can also use stove top if you prefer.
You'll then want to whisk in one egg at a time and set it aside.
Now, it’s time to mix dry ingredients to wet, fold together until well combined without over mixing. Then fold in the vinegar and pour it into a greased donut pan.
Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350F and voila, they'll look like this. Make sure to allow it to completely cool, before moving on to the next step.
While these are cooling, you can make your glaze. Mix chocolate, oil, agave and salt in a bowl. You may want to use chocolate chips if you have that on hand instead. Microwave the bowl for 30 seconds or until melted, then mix until well-combined.
Now on to the fun part. Dipping the donuts and decorating!
Just check out these beauties! Don't they just look so tasty? I know you can’t wait to have some.
If your're not sold yet, make them more fun and decorate away.
Have some fun with your kids by making some reindeer gluten-free donuts this weekend, and Happy Holidays!
- ¾ cup Bob's Red Mill almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter or coconut oil
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp agave
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped, or chocolate chips but they will take longer to melt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp agave or honey optional
- dash of salt
- Mini pretzels for antlers
- Nilla Wafers for muzzles
- Red Fire Ball Candy for noses
- Candy eyes for eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together flours, baking soda and salt, set aside. In another medium size bowl, add butter, coconut sugar and agave. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until everything has melted, mix together. Whisk in cocoa powder, be sure everything is well combined. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time, set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, fold together until well combined without over mixing. Fold in vinegar.
- Pour or pipe batter into a greased donut pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan onto a cooling rack. Allow the donuts to cool completely before adding glaze.
- Once the donuts are cool place chocolate, oil, agave and salt in a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until everything is melted, then whisk until everything is combined well.
- Dip donuts into chocolate glaze and place back on the cooling rack.
- Before the glaze sets, place eyes, nose, and pretzels, this way the glaze will dry and the toppings will stick better. Once the glaze is set they are ready to enjoy!
Thank you Bobs Red Mill for sponsoring this post, we had fun #bakingwithbobs and its always #betterwithbobs ingredients !
For more healthier dessert options try out these Cookie Dough Bites