I have the ultimate sweet tooth. I mean seriously, I could eat a cookie for breakfast, lunch or dinner after a savory meal. These guilt free no bake chocolate chip cookie dough bites recipe is my waist saving dream come true.
Traditional Cookies are so caloric. There's no doubt I love a classic chocolate chip cookie, but my jeans don't like them as much. These almond butter protein balls curb that sweet craving, with some wholesome ingredients. After a great meal, I always make room for one of these just so I don't reach for an even more caloric dessert option.
Why You'll Love These Chocolate Chip Protein Balls
- Protein Rich Almond flour is a great wholesome substitute to all purpose flour. One ounce of almond flour contains more than 6 grams of protein. It is also very rich in vitamin E, which acts as antioxicdants in your body. This recipe also does not have any butter or sugar.
- Fast and Easy- You literally need 10 minutes to make these chocolate chip cookie dough energy balls. There is no baking required and your kids can help too! Best of all, these don't have raw eggs so you won't have to worry about eating raw cookie dough. It's an edible cookie dough and you won't need an electric mixer. This is also perfect for summer days, no more heating up your oven to 350 degrees!
How to Make Vegan Protein Energy Balls
In a large bowl, start by whisking together the vanilla extract, coconut oil, milk and maple syrup. Maple syrup is much better option than white or brown sugar. Plus, it smells great!
Next, in the same bowl, add the almond raw flour, salt, and collagen until well incorporated. If it's too dry add a little more milk. By the way, collagen is optional. If you want to make this vegan, omit this and use plant based milk.
Now fold in the chocolate chips. By the way, using mini chocolate chips might be fun for the kiddos!
Finally, grab a cookie scoop and evenly scoop in mounds. These look so much like raw cookie dough right? But in fact, these are safe to eat and doesn't need baking. If you prefer, you can always use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to prevent them from touching each other as shown below.
Roll into evenly sized bites and enjoy!
Here's a pro tip for you: Use a cookie scooper! A cookie scooper really does come in handy. Trust me it will save you time and make the dough balls uniform.
- Use a high quality raw almond flour. You can even make it yourself if you have time.
- Opting for vegan? Use plant based milk, omit collagen, and vegan chocolate chips.
- If you really want to make these like dessert, just grab some melted chocolate and dip them in and freeze.
- Can you freeze these?
- Yes, you can! Carefully wrap these in an air tight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep them in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- What is collagen?
- Collagen is like the "glue" for your body. It's one of the major building blocks of skin, bones, muscles, tendons and etc.
- Your body's collagen production declines as you age. Many say it's vital for strong bones, joints and skin.
- Can I use other flours?
- Yes, you can substitute almond flour and use coconut flour
No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- 2 cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Collagen Powder optional
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbs. Milk or milk alternative
- 2 Tb Coconut Oil melted & cooked
- 3 Tb Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ Tb Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- Start by whisking together the vanilla, coconut oil, milk and maple syrup in a large bowl.
- In the same bowl, add the almond flour, salt and collagen until all ingredients are just combined. (if too dry, add a little more milk)
- Now fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into evenly sized bites and enjoy!
Can be refrigerated for up to 5-7 days NOTE: IF OMITTING COLLAGEN, PLEASE ADD AN EXTRA 1 ½ CUP ALMOND FLOUR. Also, depending on what collagen powder you use and almond flour it may develop a different consistency. Feel free to add a little more almond flour if too wet.