A savory finger food with a hint of sweetness. You won't believe it's filled with veggies! This easy to make recipe is great for the whole family.
Most kids enjoy bite size food, why not make it more healthy? I personally don't know any kid who would turn away chicken nuggets. It's now a kid favorite for many, here's a healthier vegetarian alternative!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Protein Rich - Even though this is a vegetarian recipe, it is still protein rich!
- Veggie Packed - Broccoli is included in this recipe. The green veggie is high in many nutrients, including fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron and potassium. Broccoli also contains more protein than most vegetables.
How to Make It
First, prepare your ingredients. Cut your sweet potato and break off your broccoli florets.
Next steam the sweet potato and broccoli.
Once steamed add all the ingredients in the blender.
Blend until smooth.
Now you can use a spoon or cookie scoop to make your patties.
Turn on stove to low-medium heat and add olive oil and start scooping mixture onto pan. Depending on how strong your stove is, I'd definitely cook these low and slow.
You can either use the back of your cookie scoop or use a spoon to push down on the batter to form a patty.
Now's the time to be a little patient. Allow the patty to cook and brown slightly. Again, using low heat. Brown both sides and serve with sour cream or ketchup.
How to Make the Perfect Patty
- Cook it low and slow with enough oil. 2-3 tbs. should be plenty. Just make sure to add in between batches.
- Don't flip to quickly or it will break.
Looking for more easy lunch ideas? Try these Loaded Tuna Cups ore these Mini Zucchini Bites
Tried this recipe and love it? Leave me a comment and rating below. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook
Sweet Potato Broccoli Patties
- 1 c. sweet potato cubed
- 1 c. broccoli florets
- 2 egg
- ¼ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- dash of salt
- Olive oil
- Steam sweet potato and broccoli
- In a blender, add all ingredients until it has a pasty consistency
- Use a cookie scooper and add mixture on a oiled pan. Make sure to use low-medium heat. Form into patties with the back of a spoon or the cookie scoop, , set aside
- Brown both sides
- Serve with marinara, ketchup, or sour cream
- Use low to medium heat
- Batter should be a pasty thick consistency
- Do not flip too prematurely, they will break