Taco Tuesday doesn’t need to be the same old meat in a shell. Make a family favorite into something more special with these Tasty Taco Rolls!
There are all kinds of options for taco shells. Flour tortillas, crunchy corn shells, street taco shells, and many more. But have you ever thought about using pizza crust instead? These Tasty Taco Rolls combine the delicious familiar flavors of tacos with a soft flaking crust to take taco night up a notch.
If you are looking for something that different that your kids will enjoy, this is the recipe for you! Rollups are super fun for kiddos to eat. They will love to dip the rolls into their favorite sauce. You can try ranch, guacamole, salsa, and many more options. You can even have some fun family time in the kitchen letting your kids help you make this recipe. Kids tend to really enjoy meals that they helped to make.
Why You’ll Love This Tasty Taco Rolls Recipe
Kid-Friendly – if your kiddos already love tacos, they will definitely love this. Plus it contains veggies that they won’t even notice.
Very Filling – with the combination of protein from the beef, carbs, from the crust, fat from the cheese, and fiber from the veggies, this meal with leave you completely satisfied.
How to Make Tasty Taco Rolls
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper. Next, start by cooking the ground beef, garlic powder, taco seasoning, and water in the olive oil. Set aside once done.
Next, you’ll want to roll out the pizza dough onto a greased baking sheet.
Layer the pizza dough with the taco meat, spinach leaves, and cheese. Fill 2/3 of the dough longways leaving about 1/3 empty. If you have a picky eater, just chop up those spinach leaves finely and cook it with the ground beef.
Roll it up longways and place seem along the bottom of the roll. (the dough should be long like a rectangle) Sprinkle with a little extra shredded cheese.
Then just bake for 20 -25 minutes or until dough is beginning to brown. Serve warm, garnish if desired, and enjoy!
Serve with your favorite toppings like sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.
- Do you like your tacos spicy? Add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the mixture or dip your taco roll in spicy ranch or hot sauce when eating.
- Do you prefer not to eat beef? You can substitute the ground beef in this recipe for ground turkey, ground chicken or even ground pork.
- Are you a vegetarian? You can use any crumbled meat substitute in place of the ground beef in this recipe.
- Have a picky eater? Just cook the spinach with the ground meat. Just make sure you chop it up finely.
- Can you freeze these?
- This recipe is best fresh but can be frozen for a quick heat-up meal later.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep them in the fridge for 3-4 days. Either reheat it in the oven to keep the original texture or microwave it for 1-2 minutes.
Tasty Taco Rolls
Make this easy taco roll recipe. No need to make your own dough.. just use store bought!
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 packet taco seasoning - reduce for milder flavor
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 prepacked refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves - chop and reduce for pickier eaters
- 1 ½ cups mixed shredded cheese
- Optional Garnish- cilantro jalapenos, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, etc.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper.
Start by cooking the ground beef, garlic powder, taco seasoning and water in the olive oil. Set aside once done.
Roll out the pizza dough onto a greased baking sheet.
Layer the pizza dough with taco meat, spinach leaves and cheese. Fill 2/3 of the dough longways leaving about 1/3 empty.
Roll up longways and place seem along the bottom of the roll. (dough should be long like a rectangle) Sprinkle with a little extra shredded cheese.
Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until dough is beginning to brown. Serve warm, garnish if desired and enjoy.