I love granola bars, especially chewy ones. This chewy granola bar recipe has no refined sugar and only requires three ingredients. You can also add chocolate chips to make it even more tasty, but it's totally up to you! This recipe is quite versatile, allowing you to sub chocolate chips for dried cranberries as well. The holidays are around the corner including Halloween and this is a great less sugary option to offer the kids.
In just 15 minutes and voilà, you'll have a quick relatively healthy treat to share with the little ones. Note: No honey before one years old. This is also great to have in the mornings. You make can make them less sugary, again by omitting the chocolate chips if desired.
Furthermore, you can also wrap them up with a some card stock paper and put a bow on it. I've offered them at parties as quick bites before the main course. You all know how much I love party planning!
Chewy Granola Bars
- ½ c. honey
- ½ c. peanut butter
- 1.5 c. rolled oats
- Chocolate chips or desired toppings (optional)
- Note: no honey before one years old!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, mix honey and peanut butter until well combined
- In a small sauce pan, pour honey and peanut butter
- Cook on low until melted
- Mix with rolled oats
- Add chocolate chips, or cranberries
- In a baking dish, press down oats mixture until even
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool and cut into bars
If you're not up for baking try these No Bake Cookie Dough Bites