Mornings are always rushed at my house. Whether it's because I have to run to work, or if I'm in a hurry to get my youngest down for his nap. The start of our mornings are always challenging. Making these baby friendly muffins ahead of time saves me a ton of time. And yes, you can have veggies for breakfast!
Best of all, you can add toppings to these muffins like chocolate chips, or sliced almonds. I just choose to make it simple for my 10 month old. We don't offer sugar quite yet, unless it's non refined. But for my 3-year-old chocolate chips are fair game.
Sweet Potato Banana Muffins
- ½ c. sweet potato steamed
- ½ c. banana mashed
- 4 tbs. wheat flour
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 2 tbs. almond butter/nutbutter
- Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven 375F
- In a large bowl, scramble eggs
- Mix in the mashed sweet potato, mashed banana, flour, nut butter, and dash of cinnamon
- Combine until well incorporated
- Pour into greased muffin tin
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Serve with butter, or drizzle honey for a sweeter variety (no honey before age 1)