I think we can all agree that the best thing about rotisserie chicken is the ability to make so many dishes with it. No matter what, there’s always delicious bites to be had. These chicken ranch rolls are a great way to use it and tastes good enough for those kiddos to devour. For those with picky eaters you can chop up the chicken so it can be more like a chicken spread.
These chicken bacon ranch rolls are perfect for an appetizer or a full meal. They bring all of the buttery, cheesy indulgence one craves in an appetizer, but a few little adjustments make this dish lighter and less fattening than other slider recipes. Swapping out yogurt ranch in place of full fat ranch dressing, and using turkey bacon instead of pork help cut calories without compromising flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Crack Chicken Rolls Recipe
• Quick Play – These chicken rolls are so fast and easy to make! This whole recipe is literally ready in minutes.
• Tasty Combination – Chicken, bacon, ranch and cheese are a classic combo, and a total fan favorite. This recipe is a surefire crowd pleaser.
How to Make Chicken Ranch Rolls
First, preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment or nonstick spray. Slice entire tray of rolls in half, crosswise. Set top layer aside.
After this, place a layer of provolone on the rolls.
Then top with shredded chicken breast.
This is optional, but necessary, at least to me. Sprinkle crumbled turkey bacon on top of rolls. Layer shredded mozzarella.
Drizzle yogurt ranch on top of sandwich filling. You can use regular ranch if you’d like!
Replace top slice of rolls. Slather with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder
Finally, bake for 5-8 minutes, until cheese is melted and filling is warm.
Garnish with fresh chives and serve.
Chicken Ranch Rolls
Easy to make and sure to be a hit!
- 1 12 pack potato rolls or Hawaiian rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast shredded
- 4 slices cooked turkey bacon crumbled
- ¼ cup low fat shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup yogurt ranch Bolthouse Farms
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh chives for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick spray
- Start by slicing the rolls as a whole, in half.
- Place a provolone layer and then the shredded chicken breast.
- Next sprinkle on turkey bacon and shredded mozzarella.
- On all the layers, drizzle the yogurt ranch.
- Return the top slice of the rolls, slather on melted butter and a dusting of garlic powder.
Bake for 5-8 minutes. Cheese should be melted, and filling should be warmed throughout. Garnish with fresh chives and enjoy.
• Don’t cut corners! Choosing the right bread knife will make halving your rolls much easier and less messy. Knives that are too dull or rough tend to eat at bread and leave crumbs. A sharp knife, specially designed for cutting bread makes a huge difference!
• Spice it up. If your crowd loves a little heat, try mixing buffalo sauce into the melted butter before spreading it on top of the buns.
If you’re looking for more easy meal ideas, try these: