Who says waffles have to be savory? I enjoy comfort food in the morning, and this one I can whip up fairly quickly. These savory zucchini waffles are just what you need to start out your day or afternoon.
These savory waffles are the next best thing! Move over sweet waffle, because this one may take its place. Packed with cheesy goodness and greens too, it’s the perfect for everyone.
Toast is so boring sometimes. This is a great alternative to toast. You can pair them with eggs or avocado and call it a day.
Why You’ll Love This Savory Waffles Recipe
- Veggie Packed – Zucchini is high in Vitamin A. It also improves digestion, slows down aging, lowers blood sugar levels and boosts energy.
How to Make This Fluffy Waffle Recipe
First, preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions. Then, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, garlic powder, rosemary, parsley, and thyme. Set aside.
Next, in a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, and vegetable oil.
Stir in wet ingredients into the flour mixture, until fully incorporated. Next, grate zucchini and drain excess liquid.
Fold grated zucchini and parmesan cheese into the waffle batter.
Finally, place batter in hot waffle iron and cook until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
Here’s a pro tip for you: For pickier eaters, remove the green peel from the zucchini.
Serve with eggs, avocado or add some cheese in between and melt it for a unique grilled cheese experience!
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep them in the fridge for 3 days. Either reheat it in pan for a crispy texture or microwave it for a few seconds
Looking for more easy veggie packed meal ideas?
Tried this recipe and love it? Leave me a comment and rating below. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated zucchini about 1 medium zucchini
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, garlic powder, rosemary, parsley and thyme. Set aside.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs and vegetable oil in separate bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into the flour mixture, until fully incorporated.
- Next, fold grated zucchini and parmesan cheese into the waffle batter.
- Place batter in hot waffle iron and cook until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.