This easy chicken marsala recipe is great for those meal times when you’re seeking a comfort meal. It is packed with fulfilling protein and flavorful spices to satisfy your aching stomach! In just under 40 minutes, you will have yourself something exquisite that is high in nutritional value, leaving you completely pleased with your meal.
Sometimes, chicken recipes can be so complicated. People really can overdo it with this kind of protein because it is so versatile. With this recipe, you will have a sophisticated meal that takes almost no time at all!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe this Easy Healthy Chicken Recipe
- Hassle-free – This recipe does not take an arm and a leg to cook! In under 45 minutes, you can have a delicious meal that will fill those hungry bellies. You can even make extra to use as leftovers so that you won’t have to worry about more meals to come.
- Veggie Packed – This recipe is packed with all sorts of veggies! Mushrooms, green beans, and onions which are low in calories and high in fiber, vitamin A, and vitamin C. You can also easily add in more veggies to this recipe cooked in with the dish or as a side.
How to Make Quick and Easy Chicken Recipe
First, lightly flour the chicken.
Time to get sizzling! On high heat, drizzle olive oil into a large saucepan. Place your chicken in the pan and get it golden brown. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, and ground sage evenly to add that flavor.
Once the chicken has developed into a nice color, remove from heat and set aside on a separate plate. Be sure to keep the pan on the stovetop because you are still going to need it! Next, melt the butter in the same pan and saute sliced onions.
Then add the sliced mushrooms, and minced garlic, and onions are translucent.
Here’s a pro tip for you: Deglaze your pan using marsala wine! Swirl around the wine in the pan and gently scrape the sides of it to get all of the browned bits off. This will form a nice, flavorful sauce for the chicken and adds even more flavor! Plus, it helps with cleanup later.
Then, whisk in the chicken stock and Greek yogurt until mixed thoroughly.
Time to give some meat to this easy chicken marsala recipe! Add back the chicken into the pan along with green beans. Cook over high heat until the liquid thickens. Enjoy warm over rice, pasta, or by itself.
- Use a sifter to lightly flour the chicken. This will ensure an even crust coating for the chicken.
- Keep an eye on the chicken. You want to be able to just get it golden brown, not fully cooking it until the last step.
- You know that onions are done cooking once they are translucent!
- Vegetable options: broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower
- Can you freeze these?
- This recipe can be frozen up to 3 months. When ready to eat, defrost completely at room temperature or refrigerator. Warm it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes before eating.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can keep this dish in the fridge for 2-3 days. To reheat, a microwave or oven will do!
- Can my kids eat this recipe because of the added wine?
- While I prefer this recipe to be an adult dish, according to livestrong.com If you have chosen to allow your children to eat foods made with cooking wine, it is important to cook the food in a way that causes the alcohol to fully evaporate from the wine. The wine needs to be cooked for an extended period of time.
Easy Chicken Marsala
Make this easy yet sophisticated meal in less than 45 minutes. Tastes like the restaurant, but made at home.
- 1.5 cups flour
- 5 medium chicken thighs about 2.5 pounds, skinless & boneless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp teaspoon pepper
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 large yellow onion sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 c marsala wine
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1/2 c ·plain Greek yogurt
- Parsley for garnish
Lightly flour chicken.
Over high heat, drizzle olive oil in a large pan. Brown chicken and sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and ground sage evenly.
Once the chicken has developed good color remove chicken from pan and set aside.
Melt butter in the same pan and sauté sliced onions, sliced mushrooms and minced garlic until onions are translucent.
Deglaze the pan by swirling in the marsala wine and gently scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
Whisk in the chicken stock and Greek yogurt until mixed thoroughly.
Add green beans and chicken to the pan and cook over high heat until liquid thickens. Enjoy warm over rice, pasta or by itself.
Can be frozen up to three months. Defrost completely at room temperature or in refrigerator and warm in the oven (about 15-20 minutes).
Looking for more chicken recipes? Check these out!