This easy lemon chicken piccata is as easy as it is tasty! Campbell’s cream of chicken creates the base for a sauce that is both bright and creamy. This recipe cooks pretty quickly, making it perfect for those hectic weeknights when home-cooked meals seem impossible. Thank you Campbell’s Soup for sponsoring this easy recipe!
This recipe is a great middle ground between a classy adult meal and something nutritious that my kids will eat, making it a great family dinner. It is also beautiful plated, making it an awesome option if you’re entertaining guests.
Why You’ll Love This Quick Chicken Recipe
• Packed with Protein – Chicken breast is an excellent source of lean protein. It is low in fat and high in B6.
• Goes with Everything – This main can be paired with all sorts of sides. Serve it atop rice, pasta, riced veggies, roasted veggies, and more. The options are endless!
How to Make This Easy Chicken Breast Recipe
First, prepare your ingredients. Slice lemon for garnish, and juice lemon for sauce. Halve your chicken breasts lengthwise.
Second, you’ll want to heat butter and vegetable oil in a large pan, over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile while the butter heats, place flour in a bowl. Add salt and pepper and mix. Coat chicken breasts.
Next saute the chicken in the butter and vegetable oil mixture for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Cook in batches, as to avoid overcrowding the chicken. Remove from pan and set aside on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
After that, add water and heavy cream to the same pan you used for the chicken, scraping the bottom. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until about ¼ of the liquid has evaporated.
Now for the fun stuff. Whisk lemon juice and capers into pan. Cook for 2 more minutes.
Then, get ready for a burst of flavors as you stir in Campbell’s cream of chicken soup. Bring pan to a simmer.
Place chicken back into pan with sauce and garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices. Serve over rice or pasta.
• Be careful not to overcrowd chicken, as it will not get the desired crisp when frying. If you do, it will steam the chicken instead of searing it.
• In addition, make sure not to let the pan get too hot when frying chicken, as it will dry out.
• Can you freeze these?
o This recipe is best enjoyed fresh.
• How long will it keep in the fridge?
o Consume within 3-4 days.
Easy Chicken Lemon PIccata
A few simple ingredients to make this delightful dish everyone will enjoy
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts halved lengthwise
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Butter unsalted
- 1 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- ¾ Cup Chicken stock or water
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Caper drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- ½ Lemon sliced thinly widthwise
- ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley for garnish
In a bowl, add salt and pepper to flour before coating the halved chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
Next, heat up the butter and vegetable oil in a large non stick pan over medium to medium-high heat. Saute the floured chicken in the butter/oil for about 4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Work in batches to not overcrowd the chicken. Remove from the pan and set aside on paper towel.
- Add water and heavy cream to the pan and scrape all chicken residue from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce to a simmer for about 5 mins or until about ¼ of the liquid has evaporated.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and capers and continue to cook another 2 minutes, stir in the Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup and bring to a simmer again.
- Simmer the sauce
Place the sauteed chicken into the Campbell’s Cream of Chicken soup sauce
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lemon slices.
- Serve over your favorite sides such as white rice, or pasta.
Looking for more easy chicken recipes? Try these: