Kale is one of my favorite super foods. I usually like it in a dehydrated form or made as chips. When I created this lemon kale salad, it gave me another way to eat this leafy nutrient rich veggie! This salad dressing is delicious and has the best combination of flavors. I hope you love this easy kale salad because it’s one of my favorite kale salad recipes.
Homemade dressing is so much more healthier. Fresh ingredients for dressings make this recipe preservative free and more wholesome.
Why You’ll Love This Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Sweet and Sour – You’ll love the sweet and sour taste. The oranges adds a pleasant sweetness to this dish to balance out the lemon.
- Veggie Packed – Kale packs a big nutritional punch. It is made up of vitamins A, K, B6 and C, calcium, potassium, copper and manganese. There are only 33 calories in one cup and 7 grams of carbs.
How to Make Kale Salad with Lemon Juice
To make the salad, grab a bunch of kale and thinly slice the kale. Next, massage the cut raw kale leaves with the juice of ½ a lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper, until thoroughly coated. Some folks like the seasonings to marinate into the leaf, you may go on to the next step after 30 minutes.
Next, all you need to do assemble your refreshing salad. In a large bowl combine the orange segments, cucumbers, olives and feta cheese to the massaged kale. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate until ready to be served. Serve as a main dish or as a side dish with chicken kebobs . May be served cold or room temperature. Doesn’t the salad bowl below look so refreshing?
- Use lacinato kale. It’s more suitable for salads.
- You can also add some dried cranberries to sweeten it up even more.
- You can keep the chopped kale in a ziplock bag for an easy lunch later in the week.
- If you want to change up this green salad a bit, try using lemon and parmesan. Parmesan cheeses go great with kale.
- What is lacinato kale?
- Often called dinosaur kale because of its bumpy leaves, lacinato kale is slightly sweeter and more delicate than its cousin curly kale. It’s often used raw and for salads.
- Can you freeze these?
- This recipe is best fresh.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep the kale in the refrigerator, but I’d wait until ready to eat to add the other ingredients.
Lemon Kale Salad
This simple lemon kale salad is refreshing and tastes great alone or paired with chicken kebobs
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale rinsed and thinly cut
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ Lemon juiced
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- ½ cup Orange Segments
- 1 cup Cucumbers cubed
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives
o make the salad, massage the cut Lacinato kale with the juice of ½ a lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper, until thoroughly coated.
Add the orange segments, cucumbers, olives and feta cheese to the messaged kale. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate until ready to be served. Serve cold or room temp.
Serve alone or with Chicken Kebobs