I have the secret to moist juicy and tasty chicken breast! Read on and I'll let you know my secret ingredient to make chicken tender, juicy and not dry. You won't believe you only need a few ingredients to make these Mediterranean Middle Eastern Chicken Kabobs.
Chicken breast can be so dry and unflavorful. Hands down this recipe is none of those!
Why You'll Love This Mediterranean Chicken Skewers Recipe
- Protein Rich Chicken breast is one of the leanest proteins you can make. But it's also one of the hardest to keep flavorful and moist.
- Minimal Ingredients - All you need is five ingredients to make this tender chicken.
How to Make Marinade for Mediterrenean Chicken Kabob
First gather your ingredients to make the process easier.
Combine the bite sized chicken with the Greek yogurt, Greek dressing and the juice from the ½ lemon and ½ orange (For extra flavor also add in the juiced orange & lemon fruit). Cover chicken pieces and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Once chicken is marinated, line and thread chicken along skewers. You may also add cut bell peppers to the skewers or onion if you like them. The skewers alternating with peppers and chicken is such a delicious sight.
Now you'll want grill the marinated chicken on a barbeque for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time, until chicken if fully cooked. Grill the chicken and use a meat thermometer and wait until the internal temperature is 165F. If using bamboo skewers, cover the ends with foil, to prevent burning. For stove top or grill pan, cook for 4-5 minutes on each side over medium- high heat.
Cook's Tips to Make Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes before using to prevent burning on the grill.
- You can baste chicken with left over marinade or additional fresh squeezed lemon and orange while grilling for extra flavor.
- Left overs can be refrigerated for up to three days covered in air tight container.
- Cooking time of these chicken kebabs will vary by a few minutes depending on thickness of chicken chunks.
- If you have metal skewers, you may use them to prevent burning of sticks.
- You may also use chicken thighs for this recipe and even make this chicken in the oven on a prepared baking sheet.
- Can you freeze these?
- This recipe is best fresh. There are no preservatives in the recipe and the chicken will break down in the freezer.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep them in the fridge for 3 days. Either reheat it in pan for a crispy texture or microwave it for a few seconds