Dinner on the table in about 30 minutes, with just a little prep time! This sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe is a show stopper. So moist and flavorful, it will for sure be a hit!
One Sheet Pan Meals Make Life Easy! There’s something about throwing everything on a sheet pan and having pretty much everything ready once it’s out of the oven isn’t there?
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- One Sheet Pan – Need I say more? Dinner in one sheet pan!
- Tasty, Juicy Chicken – I’ve had my share of dry chicken, and my secret ingredient makes this dish incredibly moist and flavorful
How to Make It
First you’ll want to do the prep work. This is a great time to get those kid friendly scissors out for kids to have some fun! Remember they’re more willing to eat food if they helped make it!
Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch strips. This should be done by an adult since it’s raw. Then cut up the vegetables.
Here’s a pro tip for you:
Use an oven safe thermometer. It’s easy to over cook chicken, using a thermometer to check if it’s reached 165F is the best way not to overcook chicken. All ovens are different, so it’s best to use this.
- Use an internal thermometer – this will prevent dry chicken!
- Can you freeze these?
- This recipe is best fresh. There are no preservatives in the recipe. I also don’t really enjoy the texture of defrosted meat.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep it in the fridge for 3 days.
Looking for easy dinner ideas? Try these easy dinners like my One Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
It's not everyday you'll come across a chicken breast recipe that is tasty, delicious and incredibly moist.
- 2 lb Chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper sliced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 Orange bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 lb. Mushroom sliced
- 1/2 c. Olive Oil extra virgin
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
Cut chicken breasts into ½ inch strips, Place in a big bowl with all the vegetables.
In a separate small bowl, mix together all ingredients for marinade, add around 1 ½ tsp of salt, use more later if need to.
Pour the marinade into the chicken and veggies, toss together and let them marinade in the fridge for 1 hour - if you're eating this do not skip! It makes it taste so good.
Preheat oven to 400F.
Spread all the contents evenly on a sheet pan lined with foil, make sure the chicken is not overlapped with the vegetables, so that it will be fully cooked.
Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, take the tray out and give the ingredients a mix, then spread it evenly again. Place the tray back to cooking.
Check again in 5-10 minutes. Depending on your oven it could only take 20 minutes total. Cut the biggest strip of chicken open to make sure that it is cooked. Cooking time would vary depends on the sizes of the cuts. Vegetables should be golden or slightly charred on the corners.
Serve with lime wedges, cilantro leaves, and tortillas.