Dinner on the table in about 25 minutes, with just a little prep time! This sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe is a show stopper. So moist and flavorful, it will for sure be a hit! Eat it with fresh warm tortillas, or make a quesadilla with the chicken and cheese.
One Sheet Pan Meals Make Life Easy! There's something about throwing everything on a sheet pan and having pretty much everything ready once it's out of the oven isn't there?
Why You'll Love This Chicken Fajita Recipe
- One Sheet Pan - Clean up is a breeze with this sheet pan fajitas recipe. It's cooked in one pan
- Tasty, Juicy Chicken - I've had my share of dry chicken, and my secret ingredient makes this dish incredibly moist and flavorful
Ingredients in Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Breast - Boneless, skinless chicken breast is one of my favorite lean proteins because it is low fat and high protein. If you want to use beef, you may use skirt steak.
- Bell Peppers - You may use whatever color bell peppers you like. They come in the red, green, orange and yellow varieties. It contains an excellent source of vitamin A, C and potassium. It has fiber, folate, and iron.
- Onions - this adds so much flavor to the dish. But, if you like you can omit it only if you don't like onions that is.
- Cumin - this seasoning is hearty, rich and earthy. It has a hint of citrus and adds so much depth to this dish. It also has antioxidants, anti cancer properties and believe it or not helps control blood sugar.
- Paprika - this seasoning go hand and in hand with chicken. Depending on what type of pepper is used it's usually has a mild sweet and sometimes spicy flavor. It also has a good amount of vitamins.
- Coriander - this seasoning has an earthy, tart and sweet taste to it. It is believed to have antioxidants, help lower blood sugar, benefit the heart, and promote gut health.
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Prep your meat and vegetables. Cut the bell peppers, onions and chicken
- Make your marinade. Combine, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, coriander, and olive oil.
- Marinade your chicken and vegetables for 3 hours in a ziplock bag or large bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and pour your chicken and vegetables in it.
- Bake at 400F about 15 minutes.
- Mix it around, and bake again for a few more minutes until the chicken is 165F in internal temperature.
Step By Step Instructions
First, you'll want to do the prep work. This is a great time to get those kid friendly knives out for kids to have some fun! Remember they're more willing to eat food if they helped make it! Cut the chicken into ½ inch strips. This should be done by an adult since it's raw. Then cut up the vegetables.
- Use an internal thermometer - this will prevent dry chicken!
- Smaller chicken pieces will shorten the cook time, so please be mindful. Overcooked chicken is always dry!
- If you like your vegetables extra well done, just bake them separately.
- Used a rimmed baking sheet. The juices seep out and it makes for an easier clean up.
- Can you freeze these?
- This recipe is best fresh. There are no preservatives in the recipe. I also don't really enjoy the texture of defrosted meat.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep it in the fridge for 3 days.
Looking for easy dinner ideas? Try these easy dinners like my
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 2 lb Chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper sliced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 Orange bell pepper sliced
- ½ lb. Mushroom sliced
- ½ c. Olive Oil extra virgin
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- Cut chicken breasts into ½ inch strips, Place in a big bowl with all the vegetables.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together all ingredients for marinade, add around 1 ½ tsp of salt, use more later if need to.
- Pour the marinade into the chicken and veggies, toss together and let them marinade in the fridge for 1 hour - if you're eating this do not skip! It makes it taste so good.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread all the contents evenly on a sheet pan lined with foil, make sure the chicken is not overlapped with the vegetables, so that it will be fully cooked.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, take the tray out and give the ingredients a mix, then spread it evenly again. Place the tray back to cooking.
- Check again in 5-10 minutes. Depending on your oven it could only take 20 minutes total. Cut the biggest strip of chicken open to make sure that it is cooked. Cooking time would vary depends on the sizes of the cuts. Vegetables should be golden or slightly charred on the corners.
- Serve with lime wedges, cilantro leaves, and tortillas.