You won't make baked potato any other way after trying this! This air fryer baked potato is crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. Just pop them in your air fryer and let it do the cooking for you. Cut down your cook time to 30 minutes, unlike most bake potato recipes which take about an hour and half.
Baked potatoes are often served as side dishes, but a fun baked potato buffet bar is a perfect family lunch or dinner option. The kids have a great time adding toppings to their air fryer baked potatoes. This baked potato is done in just one tv episode. I used to love boiled potatoes, but there really is something about a crispy skin that reminds me of a meal at a fancy restaurant.
It's also a great time saver. Often times side dishes get the back seat at my house. I either just add a frozen dish to the menu, or leave it completely out. You can place these in an air fryer while you're cooking up your main course. Keep reading and you'll find out how to cook baked potato in air fryer with just a few steps! This is one of my favorite ways to eat potato. I love it even more than roasted potatoes or fried potatoes!
Why You'll Love This Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Easy as Can Be - All you have to do is a few steps before placing them an air fryer.
- Time saver - no need to wait for the oven to preheat, or cook for an hour an half. These always come out perfect in the air fryer!
- Versatile - There are so many toppings choices. From sour cream, to butter, to bacon there's always something for everyone.
- Russet Potatoes - this by far is my favorite type of potato for air fryer baked potatoes. The Russet's skin is thick which makes for a crispy baked potato. The inside of the Russet is starchy enough so it's extra fluffy.
- Olive Oil - you'll need this to coat your potatoes so the skin will be nice and crispy.
- Salt - the basic ingredient to make your potato tasty
- Cracked Pepper - this ingredient is another flavor enhancer. You can use ground black pepper, but I do like the cracked black pepper's stronger peppery flavor
- Toppings - you may use any toppings of choice to make a loaded potato, including sour cream, butter, cheese, and scallions if you wish.
How to Baked Potato In Air Fryer
- Wash potatoes and pierce all over with a fork
- Brush potatoes with olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- Air fry for 35 minutes at 400F and serve!
Step by Step Instructions
First, lets wash your russet potatoes. Often times there is sometimes some dirt and debris on the potato. It's a good idea to give a quick wash. You can even give it a quick scrub with a vegetable brush too if you like. Pat dry when the potatoes are clean.
Now you want to grab a fork and pierce the potato all around. Punch holes in the front and back. Poking holes in the skin will allow steam to escape. If you skip this step, there's a small chance they would burst and explode!
Next, let's give these potatoes some flavor! Using a brush or your hands, coat the potatoes with olive oil. You can also use an olive oil spray if you're in a rush. After this, add a generous amount of cracked pepper and salt on the potatoes.
Afterward, It's time to cook the potatoes. Place potatoes in the air fryer basket and fry for 35 minutes. Air fry for cook time of 35 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
When done, slice it open and add all the toppings. You'll have a crispy skin outer and a delicious perfect baked potato inside. Just look at these! It's seriously the best baked potato I've ever had.
Serve alone or paired with a steak or main meal. I hope you think this is the easiest baked potato recipe!
- Buy similar size potatoes - you will get more even cooking in your air fryer if the potatoes are the same size
- Choose the right potato - I find Russet potatoes to go hand in hand with the best baked potato
- For larger potatoes, add ½ teaspoon of olive oil more.
- Use an olive oil cooking spray to speed things up when adding oil to the potatoes. You can also use avocado oil or vegetable oil. Basically, use one that can withstand high heat.
- You can also add a little sprinkle of garlic powder for more flavor.
The quickest way to check if potatoes is by piercing it with a fork. If it slides out easily it's cooked. If you prefer using a thermometer you totally can. The desired temp is 210 degrees. Lastly, you can also gently squeeze the middle of the potato with an oven mitt.
Yes, you should. Poking the potato allows the steam to release when it's cooking. This prevents the potato from exploding
This keeps in the fridge well. All you need to do is store it in an air tight container. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you'd like heat it up just air fryer at a lower temp, perhaps 350F for a few minutes.
30-35 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yes you can, it will take a little longer depending on the size of your sweet potato.
Looking for more Air Fryer Recipes? Try these:
Peruvian Chicken with Green Sauce
Tried this Air Fryer Baked Potato recipe and love it? Please leave me a comment and rating below. Feel free to also tag me, I love to see your creations and sharing them. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook
Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe
- 4 Large Russet Potatoes
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Course Sea Salt
- ⅛ tsp Cracked Pepper
- Wash 4 large russet potatoes and pierce, front and back, with a fork.
- Coat with olive oil and generously sprinkle with cracked pepper and course sea salt.
- Air fry for 35 minutes. Serve warm with desired toppings.
Reheat by microwave or air fryer at 350F for 10 minutes.
Leave a Reply