My family sure love pizza. When I’m in a hurry though, ordering out or even preheating the oven is out of the question because of time constraints. In comes the air fryer. This pizza rolls air fryer recipe is easy and well loved by everyone in my household. It takes literally 5 minutes to make in the air fryer and you have a meal everyone will love.
Pizza is so well loved. The flavors of pizza keeps everyone happy. Furthermore, if you have someone vegetarian in the family, you can always do without the pepperoni and add all kinds of vegetables like olives or bell peppers. I’ve included some oven options as well if you don’t have an air fryer. This is also perfect for a game day recipe or just for any lunch time meal.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Easy and Fast – All you need to do is assemble your ingredients onto the bread and pop it in the air fryer and you’ll have air fried pizza rolls!
- Versatile – you can add whatever toppings you like, and even hide some finely chopped spinach under the cheese to make it a hidden recipe dish for picky children.
Ingredients For Pizza Sliders
- Hawaiian Rolls – These rolls are perfect because when cut it will be your dough. It has a nice sweeter flavor and you can find it easily at any grocery store.
- Mozzarella Cheese – This is the ultimate pizza cheese. It’s melts perfectly and gives this recipe a lot of body and flavor.
- Pepperoni – This is also a classic pizza topping. If you can’t find mini pepperonis, you can definitely use standard size pepperonis, or do without as well.
- Butter – This is optional, but I do love the flavor and crisp it adds to these pizza sliders
- Parmesan cheese – I like to add this to the butter to give it not only texture, but also extra flavor.
How to Cook Pizza Rolls In Air Fryer
- Cut rolls in half
- Add pizza sauce on top of the rolls
- Add cheese and then pepperoni on top
- Mix melted butter with parmesan cheese
- Place top half of rolls on the bottom rolls and brush melted butter.
- Heat in air fryer at 350F for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Step by Step Instructions
If using your oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then lightly oil a baking sheet or baking dish. If using an air fryer the basket that comes with it. You may use a brush and place it on or spray with non stick cooking spray. These are the ingredients you’ll need below.
Next, cut the rolls in half so there is a top portion and a bottom portion. Place the bottom half of the dinner rolls onto the prepared baking sheet (if baking), or on a counter if air frying.
Next, you will want to spread pizza sauce all over the top of the bottom rolls.
After this, grab your shredded cheese and place a generous amount on top of the red sauce. Then, add a single layer of pepperonis on top.
Next, in a small bowl, make your butter wash. Just melt some butter and add some parmesan cheese in it. You may also add seasonings, like Italian Seasoning or garlic powder, if desired.
Lastly, just brush the tops of the rolls with the butter mixture. Then place the top of the rolls on top of the bottom half. Then depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cut the rolls in half to fit them in. I’ve air fried, a fourth of a roll or half, even just a couple. If placing in an oven, just simply place the top of the rolls on top of the bottom and add butter. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
If air frying, you’ll want to place it carefully in the air fryer for about 5 minutes. Top with some chopped parsley if desired, and serve with some marinara sauce on the side.
Cooks Tip: If you have an conventional oven that is extra strong, you may cover the rolls with some foil, before baking. Cooking time does vary with air fryers and ovens so I would check in on it frequently, it doesn’t take long for cheese to melt.
I wouldn’t advise it. It’s best fresh, although I’m sure you can probably freeze it individually and unassembled. I’m sure there are other pizza frozen food options as well! Cooking these frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer, probably won’t cook as well.
It should be fine for a day or two. You can microwave it for a few seconds to warm it up.
I’ve used Mexican cheese or any other cheese that melts well.
Yes, you may, I would probably omit the butter mixture on top of the rolls however.
Looking for more easy lunch ideas? Try these:
Here are some game day foods ideas:
Tried this Pizza Rolls Air Fry recipe and love it? Please leave me a comment and rating below. Feel free to also tag me, I love to see your creations and sharing them. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook
PIzza Rolls Air Fryer Recipe
5 minutes is all you need to make this family favorite pizza rolls recipe.
- 1 package Hawaiian Dinner Rolls halved lengthwise
- 1/2 c. pizza sauce marinara sauce as substituted
- 1 package mini pepperonis or regular
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
For Butter Mixture
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- 2 tbs. parmesan cheese grated.
- Parsley for garnish
Lightly oil a baking sheet or the basket of an air fryer if air frying.
Cut your dinner rolls in half lengthwise
Spread pizza sauce on top, then cheese, and then pepperoni.
In a bowl, add your melted butter and grated parmesan cheese
Add the top of the rolls on top of the bottom half and brush the butter mixture over the top.
Air fry at 350F for 5 minutes or until cheese melted.
Serve and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
If baking, bake at 350F for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
You may also add seasonings, like Italian seasoning, or garlic powder to the butter mixture.