I am such a fan of the air fryer! It cooks just about anything perfectly and it is so convenient. Since we haven’t made our way to grilling season yet, I wanted to try frozen burgers in air fryer to see how they would fare. They turned out awesome, and they were super easy! One of my favorite air fryer recipes for sure!
One of the best things about these air fryer burgers is how easy the cleanup is. Few things feel as good as finishing dinner and having nothing but the air fryer basket to clean. You can also alter batches of burgers and fries if you want an easy air fried side! Plus, you can make these from frozen burgers! Frozen hamburgers is something we have on hand for a quick meal, and this method is simple.
Why You'll Love These Air Fryer Hamburger Patties
• Fast Food - Dad used to say “we have fast food at home” and now it’s true! These burgers take just 15 minutes. Use your cook time to prepare a great burger sauce, or slice up some fresh veggies, and you have healthier fast food right at home! (Save an old happy meal box if your kids need convincing!)
• Easy Cleanup - It is so convenient to have almost no mess to clean up! Check your air fryer’s manual for instructions, but many air fryer baskets can go right in the dishwasher!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Burgers
- Hamburger Patties - Since we are making an easy dinner, go for frozen burger patties. I used this recipe to make ¼ pound patties. If your patties are a different size, you may need to adjust your cook time accordingly.
- Seasoned Salt - Seasoned salt can really make a dish. I recommend sprinkling your burger patties with it. If you are making fries, shake some on top of them as well!
- Burger Accoutrements - I made 4 patties, so I made sure to get 4 buns. I also grabbed some lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup and mayo. Your options are limitless when it comes to burger toppings!
How to make Air Fryer Burgers
- Sprinkle frozen beef patties with seasoned salt.
- Place patties into the air fryer basket, making sure to not crowd the basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes, then top with cheese as desired. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Dress burger as desired and enjoy warm.
First, season your ground beef burger patties! You may not think they need it, but trust me, a little seasoning makes all the difference! A light sprinkling of seasoned salt will do the trick.
Next, put your patties in the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do them in batches. You want to make sure you don’t overcrowd the basket.
Cook your fryer hamburger parties in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 400F degrees. At the end of the 10 minutes, you can either remove the juicy burgers or add cheese. If you wish to add cheese, top the patties and cook them in the air fryer for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Now for the fun part! Top your burgers with your favorite sauces and veggies, and enjoy them warm.
- You can keep your cooked patties in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- This recipe makes medium-well to well done ¼ pound burgers. If your patties are a different thickness, or if you like your burgers cooked differently, you may need to adjust the cook time.
- You should always cook beef to an internal temperature of 165F. If you choose to make air fryer pork make sure it is cooked to internal temperature.
- Sick of the same old toppings? Try some creative combos like jalapeno with cream cheese and raspberry jam, mango chutney with spinach and gouda, pepper jelly and bacon, or marinara and mozzarella!
For a medium-well ¼ pound burger, air fry for 10 minutes.
While this recipe is for frozen burger patties, you can make raw thawed burger patties in the air fryer as well. If you are using raw meat, spray a little cooking spray to the air fryer, and up your cooking time to about 12 or 13 minutes (before cheese.) If you are cooking fresh meat, you should flip your burger patties halfway through.
While foil itself is safe inside the air fryer, I would avoid it. The open circulation of air is what makes the air fryer work so well. Blocking it with foil would likely inhibit even cooking.
Looking for more delicious air fryer snacks?
Tried this Air Fryer Hamburger recipe and love it? Please leave me a comment and rating below. Feel free to also tag me, I love to see your creations and sharing them. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook
Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer Recipe
- 4 ¼ lb. Beef Hamburger Patties, raw
- ½ tsp Season Salt or Steak Seasoning
- Burger Accoutrement for 4 - 4 Buns 4 Cheese Slices, Lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, mayo, etc..
- Sprinkle frozen beef patties with season salt.
- Place into air fryer basket, making sure to not crowd the basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes at 400F then top with cheese as desired. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Dress burger as desired and enjoy warm.
Cook times will need to be adjusted depending on thickness of patty or cooked center preference.
This cook time makes a medium well to well done burger.
Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165F.