A better for you version of the classic favorite banana walnut muffins. Whip up these healthy banana muffins in less than half and hour and have a guilt free treat.
If you’re wondering what’s healthier about this recipe, it only has 1 tbs of butter and uses coconut sugar. No oil! According to the Huffington Post, coconut sugar has a lower glycemic index than white sugar. That means it doesn’t raise your blood sugar as quickly as white sugar.
I used silicone cupcake liners. I can’t live without these because it’s so easy to clean! No scrubbing metal muffin tins 😉
I’m so excited to share this recipe. Can you believe there’s no oil in this recipe? But.. still so moist! Don’t believe me? Take a look below.
BIG TIP: Cook time will vary depending on what kind of pan you use. My mini muffins took about 10-12 minutes and mini loaf pans about 15. PLEASE check it often and poke with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
*If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!
Check out these other healthy muffin ideas!
Savory herb and Cheese Muffins by Imagelicious
Vegetable Savory Muffins by Healthy Little Foodies
If you have tried this healthy banana muffin recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook for more delicious kid-friendly ideas!
Banana Bread Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tbs butter softened or slightly melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c. crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar
- In large bowl, lightly beat eggs, add mashed bananas, add vanilla and combine. Add the creamed sugar.
- In a third bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking power, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture. Add applesauce and combine well, but do not overmix. Add crushed walnuts if desired
- Grease muffin tin by lightly spraying with cooking spray or use silicone cupcake liners
- Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes (depends on size of muffin tin used, so use a toothpick to check if it comes out clean) Check frequently! Tip: If using mini muffins, this will only take about 12 minutes.