Thanksgiving is upon us, and we all know what that means…LEFTOVERS! Leftovers are fun for the first meal, and then after that, they become something everyone is just trying to get rid of. With these turkey cranberry pinwheels recipe, using up the rest of that turkey is easy and enticing.
Leftover sandwiches are classic, but they get old quick. These leftover pinwheels are a nice, fresh way to switch things up. The spinach adds an element of freshness that is often missing from our thanksgiving plates.
Why You'll Love This Pinwheel Recipe
• Perfect Lunch – The great thing about pinwheels is that you can make them a few hours in advance, making this meal perfect for lunches. Roll tightly and refrigerate before packing.
• Powerful Pinwheels – These pinwheels are packed with strengthening, energy-boosting iron from the spinach, and protein from the turkey and almonds. These hit just about every food group, making them a perfect post-exercise snack.
How to make this family friendly thanksgiving recipe
In a medium mixing bowl, combine almonds, softened cream cheese, and cranberry sauce.
Next, once thoroughly combined, fold in shredded turkey.
Spread the mixture evenly atop the tortillas.
Third, top mixture with cheddar cheese and top with spinach leaves.
Now for the fun part, roll tortillas tightly, ensuring that it seals along the edges. Cut into ¾ inch slices. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
These are so good, so easy, and perfect for lunch boxes too!
- If you struggle with getting the roll tight enough, try using saran wrap. Place the roll on the saran wrap and roll inward. Once it is rolled as tightly as possible, wrap the saran wrap around the tortilla, and use your hands to adjust the filling as needed, and squeeze the roll a bit more tightly. Unwrap after a few minutes and slice.
- If you choose to add any additional leftovers into your pinwheels, choose items that are not loose, crumbly, or wet. Something like stuffing will fall out easily. Gravy would make the tortilla soggy. Instead, opt for small or easily sliceable mix-ins, like corn, thinly sliced carrots, other meats or fresh veggies.
- Picky kids? Chop up spinach finally and put in the cream cheese mixture!
- Can you freeze this?
o This recipe is best enjoyed fresh.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
o Consume within 2 days.
Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- 1 ½ cup shredded cooked turkey
- 3 large tortillas
- 9 large slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- Start by mixing sliced almonds, softened cream cheese and cranberry sauce in a medium mixing bowl.
- Once thoroughly combined, fold in the shredded turkey.
- Lay out the large tortillas and spread the mixture evenly among them.
- Place cheese across the top of the spread horizontally.
- Next, thinly layer spinach leaves across the cheese.
- Roll the tortilla upwards making sure the roll is tight and seals along the edge.
- Cut into ¾ inch pieces and serve chilled or room temp.
Looking for more easy chicken recipes? Try these:
Tried this recipe and loved it?Leave me a comment and rating below. For more inspiration, follow us on Instagram or like us on Facebook.