Broccoli is our family's favorite vegetable. I wanted to change up our steamed weekly vegetables with something more flavorful. This air fryer broccoli is crisp not soggy and so tasty. It cooks in 8-10 minutes, and tastes like roasted broccoli in much less time!
Are you as obsessed with Everything But The Bagel as I am?! It is the seasoning used to make everything bagels, and it is available by the jar. It is so addictive! I have put it on all sorts of things and honestly, it never disappoints. It is salty and garlicky and savory with a tiny bit of crunch – perfection! One way I have been loving my Everything seasoning is on broccoli. Broccoli is such an underrated vegetable. How many times have we heard “eat your broccoli” either jokingly or seriously since childhood? Broccoli is healthy and delicious, and it deserves better treatment. This recipe is how broccoli ought to be prepared and enjoyed! Have you had it on broccoli yet?
Why You'll Love This Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Three’s Company – With only 3 ingredients needed, this recipe is easy to whip up last minute!
- Fast and Cruciferous – This whole recipe is complete in under 15 minutes. It’s the perfect side for those evenings when you forgot to prepare a side dish.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Broccoli
- Broccoli florets – Broccoli is so good for you! It’s full of fiber, protein, calcium, iron, and several different vitamins. Plus, it is delicious. And in the air fryer, it cooks up so nicely – firm but with a slight crisp to the edges.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is what is considered to be a good fat. It is rich in antioxidants and has a high enough smoke point to use for most of your cooking needs. If you wish to use a different oil, avocado or grapeseed would be a great choice. Avoid more delicate oils like coconut. If you wish to use coconut oil, choose refined rather than virgin so that it holds up in the heat. This will create a fried food texture without it being deep fried.
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning – Most grocery stores carry some version of this seasoning, but the original comes from Trader Joe’s.
How to Make Broccoli in Air Fryer
1. Cut broccoli into small florets.
2. In a bowl, mix broccoli, a heavy drizzle of olive oil, and enough everything seasoning to lightly coat the broccoli.
3. Combine and mix. Air fry at 350F for 8-10 minutes.
Step by Step Instructions
First, cut your broccoli into small florets. The size is mostly up to your preference, but keep in mind that it will also affect how well the broccoli cooks, so avoid leaving too large chunks.
Place your chopped broccoli into a bowl and pour a generous drizzle of olive oil over it. You want enough olive oil to lightly coat the broccoli, but not so much that it is saturated and overly oily. Shake your Everything But The Bagel seasoning into the bowl. Again, you want enough to give a light coating for flavor and crunch, but it doesn’t need to be completely covered.
Place your broccoli into the air fryer basket and cook broccoli at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Broccoli should just begin to crisp up around the edges when done. It's totally personal preference though! I love it slightly raw with a nice crunch.
Serve immediately as a snack or a side dish for a main meal.
- If you accidentally pour too much oil over your broccoli, remove it from the bowl and blot with a paper towel before sprinkling your seasoning on top.
If you want less crisp around the edges, pause cooking midway through and shake basket. Resume cooking.
- Leftover cooked air fried veggies will last 3 days in the refrigerator, and a whopping 10 months in the freezer. So go ahead and prepare more than you need, and keep in freezer bags for future dinners. Place frozen broccoli in the air fryer at 350 for 10 minutes to reheat.
- If you like this recipe, you can also make other air fryer vegetables by adding some carrots or green beans to the broccoli. I'll be trying this with Brussel sprouts soon so stay tuned!
- You can also serve it with your favorite dipping sauce along with some French fries as a snack.
- If you don't have access to the Everything but the Bagel Seasoning, you may sprinkle some garlic powders instead, some salt, and add some Parmesan cheese.
Broccoli is delicious cooked in the air fryer. So much of broccoli’s bad rap comes from poorly prepared, and mushy veggies. Air fryer broccoli is crispy and flavorful, but still firm enough to chew.
No. The air fryer utilizes air to cook, while steaming requires water. The consistency in steamed versus fried broccoli is up to your preference, but this air fryer broccoli feels a bit more elevated and fancy, and is super flavorful.
Boiling vegetables is actually a quick way to lose lots of nutrients. Many of the wonderful and healthful parts of veggies get lost to the water you will be dumping down the drain if you boil them. Oil is not always the enemy that we imagine it to be. A little olive oil is good for you, and since the air fryer does not require a lot of oil to get the job done, it is the perfect way to get crispy, flavorful veggies without compromising their nutrients.
Looking for more air fryer ideas? Try these other air fryer recipes:
Tried this Air Fryer Vegetables Recipe and love it? Please leave me a comment and rating below. Feel free to also tag me, I love to see your creations and sharing them. For more inspiration follow us on Instagram Or like us on Facebook
Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 4 tbs. of olive oil
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning to taste, season generously
- In a bowl, mix small broccoli florets, olive oil and seasoning.
- Place in the air fryer tray and air fry for 10 minutes at 350F