Tis' the season for all things pumpkin! This easy pumpkin muffins recipe is soft and tasty with a hint of orange. Make it in less than half an hour for breakfast, lunch boxes, or snacks.
Why You'll Love This Easy Pumpkin Dessert
- Pumpkin - Pumpkin is great for your skin! It is high in carotenoids like beta-carotene. It helps protect skin cells against damage from harmful UV rays.
- High in Vitamin C - It's also high in vitamin c which is great for your immune system and is essential for healthy skin.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Muffins
First, preheat your oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with muffin liners.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Set aside.
Then you'll want to combine pureed pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil, orange zest and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl.
Fold together the flour mixture and pumpkin mixture. Combine ingredients but make sure to not overmix.
Then fill the liners ¾ of the way and bake for 18-22 minutes.
Check out these beauties!
You can then sprinkle it with powdered sugar if you'd like.
Here's a pro tip for you: Don't overmix the batter. Why?
If you do, it you'll have some really dense chewy muffins! Basically the gluten in the flour forms elastic gluten strands when you overmix.
- Use a cookie scooper for easier cleanup
- Don't over mix!
Use coconut sugar instead of sugar, but expect a darker muffin, and a slightly different taste.
Substitute ½ cup white sugar with ⅓ cup apple sauce, you'd also want to reduce the oil by ¼
- Can you freeze these?
- This recipe is best fresh. There are no preservatives in the recipe and the patty tends to break down over time if frozen.
- How long will it keep in the fridge?
- You can happily keep them in the fridge for 3 days.
Looking for more easy muffin ideas? Try these:
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat
- 1 cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 15 ounces Pureed Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons Orange Zest
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 Line muffin tin with muffin liners. r
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Combine pureed pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil, orange zest and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl.
- Fold together the flour mixture and pumpkin mixture. Combine ingredients but make sure to not overmix.
- Fill the liners ¾ of the way and bake for 18-22 minutes.